A selection of stories from TV, radio, print and more:
- It may not officially launch until Thursday, but Escape Rooms Scotland of Glasgow managed to get coverage on STV’s The Riverside Show; the intrepid reporter clearly had a scream. The show is available on demand for nearly another week; the games will be available rather longer.
- If you prefer the pictures inside your head, a local affiliate of the Canadian state broadcaster CBC has an introduction to the genre in an interview with Mitchell Wright of EscapeReviewer.com, whose purview is games in Canada. Cool!
- Staying in Canada, and with the deeply cool, three exit game fan sites got together to run theatrical live escape event Canadian Caper recently, which makes this site quite jealous. Sometimes it is frustrating when exciting events happen with very little debriefing or discussion for the rest of the interested world who could not attend; happily, this is not the case here. There’s a review of the event by an experienced player, an interview with one of the designers and a look behind the scenes. The rest of the world thanks you!
- The rest of the world also thanks Dan Egnor, who rounded up a team to run a puzzle hunt at Burning Man, of all the places, did so and wrote up the experience. Awesome – and a certain, unusual sort of awesome.
- And finally, posted without comment, Salt Lake City exit game causes people to call the cops.