Happy Monday and welcome to your (approximately) weekly dose of UK and Irish escape game rumours. This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owner too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
A relatively quiet week this time round – I wonder if this is the start of the build up to Christmas.
- Another escape room game show has been announced and launched this week. Watch the trailer for more details but broadly it’s an escape game where four celebrities are locked in a different game each week and will play on the subscription only channel Alpha.
- US specific but probably interesting to many people in the UK. SCRAP are bringing out a Legend of Zelda escape room next year and it’s going to be touring the States. Who knows, maybe it will eventually make a trip over to the UK?
- clueQuest have announced a competition to win £1500 for a charity/good cause of your choice. If you use the #DearMrQ hashtag in a tweet you also stand a chance of winning one of three sets of tickets for their games.
- Yorkshire and the Humber:
- A new mobile game has appeared in the vicinity of Leeds Bradford airport called Norris Box. Two games are already available – Dr Schrodinger’s Assistant (is success or failure in the box?) and Enigma.
- South West England:
- KLB Escape Room opened their doors last week Their first game is The Inheritance
- Scotland – thanks to Exit Games Scotland for these
- West Midlands:
- Clue HQ Coventry continue their release of games with Sacrifice opening its doors this time round.
- East Midlands:
- Make Your Escape opened their second room, Spellbound.
- North West England:
- Clue HQ Manchester opened its doors bringing the total number of Clue HQ locations to nine! First game up here is Detonation.
- South East England:
- Exciting Escapes opened in Southampton with two games: Change the Record and A Hidden Past
- Perhaps not an escape room but close (and marketing itself to that audience), City Questing appeared on this site’s radar this week. A bunch of games in various locations plus some online puzzle hunts.
- (Also – see clueQuest entry in National above)
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!