Welcome to December and this week’s dose of UK and Irish escape game rumours. This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owner too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
Welcome to the last full week before Christmas, and as predicted, the news is getting shorter and shorter.
- The Red Bull Mind Gamers competition took place last week in Cardiff and Manchester with at least four escape room bloggers involved. 13 teams successfully completed the challenge (including all three of the teams with bloggers) and ReallyFun.UK‘s team will be going forward to represent the UK in the global escape room tournament next year.
- East Midlands
- Escape Asylum in Leicester opens its third game on Saturday – Cabin.
- South East England
- I’m sorry to report that this is the final week of A Great Escape with them closing down the ENIGMA room at Bletchley Park to pursue other interests. Fingers crossed they don’t entirely retire the game.
- The geography department at Stirling high ran an escape room. No more details, but always great to see educational establishments getting in on the act.
- South West England
- It’s been open for a while, but I’ve just come across Van Escape, a Weston-super-Mare escape company that hires out a 30 minute mobile escape room experience for weddings and other functions.
- Dean Rodgers of Crystal Maze, Time Run and Heist fame is part of the team behind Eden Escape, a three month game running at the Eden Project.
- There’s a new company on the horizon for London – Adventox. Details are only just appearing but it looks likely they’ll have a couple of games to start with, one of which can be played by a pair of teams.
- …and if you’re looking for a job in the captial then they’re looking for staff.
- Another game from Dean Rodgers (see above), this time as part of the Vault Festivals in London. Escapemobile will be based there until April and then plan is for it to tour the country.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Congratulations to TRIPLE award winner Hannah Duraid of the Great Escape Game in Sheffieldwho picked up three awards in twenty four hours – National Young Entrepreneur, the Next Big Thing and Young Businessperson of the Year. Fantastic recognition!
- Not sure if this is related to ParaPark or another existing prospect for Leeds, but I came across this planning application for a new venue in the city.
- North West England
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!