Happy New Year and welcome to the first 2017 installment of the UK and Irish escape game rumours. This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owner too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
Things have understandably been quiet over Christmas but they’re just starting to wake up again:
- In case you haven’t heard, President Obama played an escape room in Hawaii on Christmas Eve.
- I came across this interesting blog post from the University of Southampton about creating an escape room in an educational setting.
- No idea where in the country but the Escape Legends site popped on to my radar. Anyone know more?
- Escape rooms in another educational setting as part of a medical conference in Gloucester.
- West Midlands
- Escape Stoke are launching on 27 January with two copies of the brand’s Da Vinci game. That’s just the beginning – in the next few months they plan to bring EMCU Trials, Area 51 and Taken to the area.
- South East England
- Escape Hub‘s website popped very briefly on the web. Long enough to find out that it’s due to be opening in Maidstone, Kent.
- South West England
- Alien Rescue is opening this wek at Eden Escape
- North West England
- The Forger opened last week at Code to Exit
- East of England
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!