Welcome to another escape room rumour roundup. This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owner too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
The new year appears to finally be getting going!
- East Midlands
- West Midlands
- Da Vinci is opening at Escape Stoke
- South East England
- Bournemouth already has five rooms across three venues but that’s obviously not enough as Ouija Bournemouth have now joined the fray. By the looks of it, they’ve managed to sneak under the radar and open before this site even noticed.
- Margate is no stranger to escape rooms, but they’ll soon have a permanent one as Escapology Kent are set to launch in the town. No details on rooms or opening dates yet – watch this space.
- The poup escape room at the Vault Festival, Houdini’s Last Trick by Escapemobile, is opening this week.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Across the UK, a few locations are starting to open up VR escape rooms. Well, over in Ireland they’re opening up the first dedicated example with Escape VR Dublin which launched at the weekend.
- But that isn’t the most unusual thing to happen in the Dublin scene recently. Escape Boats were featured across the media last week. They’ve bought an old Dutch barge which they’re planning on converting into escape rooms. Escape rooms in a van are so passé.
- East of England
- Escape Peterborough is opening its doors this week with three new games. Taken is an Escape stalwart, while 221B Baker Street has only appeared in Hull before. The really exciting part is Witchcraft and Wizardry – a brand new game from the Escape franchise.
- Xscape Now in Telford launch this week with their first game being Baker Street Mystery.
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!