Welcome to February and another rumour round up… This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
A slightly quieter week this time with just a few updates:
- Interesting blog post about a group of students who designed an escape room game as part of their studies. The designers have promised they’ll write up a full spoiler-laden post at some point so expect to see it here at some point.
- One of the team behind the Eden Escape project was interviewed on BBC Cornwall Radio. Yes, that’s South West England, but there are references to Time Run and the Crystal Maze, so perhaps of wider interest.
- Aftermath: the Game seems to be an escape room style experience that comes to your home or office. The website has only just come online so I can’t give you any more details.
- West Midlands
- Immersive Events, a Shrewsbury-based company, have a long history of putting on prison related games. After a mass escape game last year, it looks like they’re now turning their eyes to smaller scale and regular escape rooms. With the games being based in an actual prison, and given the company name, you’ve got to think that Cell Escape is going to be heavy on the realism!
- Tick Tock Escape Games have opened in Aberdeen with two games – Ghost and Gangster.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Cryptology Rooms Barnsley is opening with the first game to appear being HMS Cypher.
- North West England
- Cell Block C is opening at Clue HQ Manchester
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!