Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up… This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
After last week’s bumper edition, just a few items to share this time round:
- SCARECon have announced the nominees for 2017’s SCARs including “Best Horror Escape Room”. We’ve got quite a large offering of “horror/scare” games now, so congrats to all the games that made it to the short list:
- East Midlands
- Escape Game Over opened their doors at the end of March bringing Escape from Jigsaw, Mission Impossible, Jack the Ripper and Forbidden Temple of Montezuma to the people of Derby.
- North East England
- Escape Rooms Angel, the North London branch of the long-standing London Bridge outfit, open their doors this week with two games: The Dark Side of the Moon and Project DIVA
- First inkling of a new venue in London – Escape This Room seems to be launching somewhere near Old Street. One game mentioned on their website but most is
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- This week’s prize for creating a truly original and punny name goes to Stuck in the Riddle who’ll be opening with three games in Huddersfield: The Cabin, Murder Mystery and The Dungeon
- Northern Ireland (big thanks to Jackie from Exit Games Scotland for all the info here!)
- Judging by the website, Escape Hour of Edinburgh and Belfast are expanding to Derry. No details yet on Escape Rooms Derry but the website suggests it will be opening in March so I’d assume it can’t be long before you can start booking.
- Love Coffee is, unsurprisingly, a coffee shop, located just south west of Belfast in the town of Lurgan. They’ve opened their (unnamed) escape room which is bookable on Tuesdays.
- It looks like Coleraine, up on the north coast, will be getting an escape room in the not too distant future. No website yet but Elementary Escape Rooms has appeared on Facebook.
- Zin Zan Escapes is a new escape venue in the town of Cwmbran. If you’re not familiar with Welsh geography, that’s just north of Newport.
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!