Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up… This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
Another busy week!
- If you’ve been reading carefully for a while you’ll have seen references to the Dorcaster Group and Escape Hunt – well this week the FT published an article covering their plans to float on the London Stock Exchange – the first escape room company to do so.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- First mention of a new escape room coming to York. The Escapologist appears to be a combined escape room, bar and kitchen with steampunk vibes – now that’s a project and a half!
- And another new company making its way to the area – The Escape Room Emporium is looking to open in Halifax and they’re apparently in the process of sorting out their logo.
- Tick Tock Unlock Leeds are expanding with two new games: The Asylum and The Forgotten Tomb. They’ll also be adding some VR escape rooms to their offering.
- Leeds is obviously booming with Locked In Games‘ also expanding and bringing four new games opening this week: Kiss of Death, American Die-ner, Hotel Heist and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
- South West England
- 11th Hour Escape Rooms opened their second game, Victoria’s Last Challenge which sees you trying to find a mischievous aunt’s inheritance.
- East of England
- Rustic Riddles are opening next month in Norfolk with an outdoor escape game where you have to hunt down a potion to ward off invading trolls.
- South East England
- North East England
- Project Escape are opening on campus in Teesside University with their first game entitled The Magician’s Illusion
- West Midlands
- If you’re interested in zombie experience escape room crossovers then there’s a new one opening in West Brom. Zombie Infection: The Courthouse involves escape room elements and takes teams of up to 16.
- Escape from the Room, the enthusiast-operated venture in Sutton have released their second game, Cabin in the Woods. They’re running two different options with the basic 60 minute game but also a longer 90 minute version.
- City Mazes London are set to launch in Shoreditch with their first game, Professor’s Predicament. Four more rooms are due to follow over the summer with a total of four distinct games.
- Escape This Room also launched in Shoreditch with their first game entitled the Bank Heist
- North West England
- Lakes Escape opened in Workington (up in Cumbria if you don’t know the town) with two games: Baker Street and Quest for the Throne
- Escape and Conquer are a new blogging team operating in the North West and down to Birmingham. If you went to the Edinburgh unconference, you might even have met them.
- More evidence of escape rooms hitting the curriculum with another school escape room.
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!