Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up… Back to the usual weekly schedule but still plenty to keep you occupied.
This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
No rest for the wicked – another busy week of updates.
- West Midlands
- North East England
- The Strategy in Sunderland is opening its second game, the Vault
- North West England
- Playful Thinking, the conference on the intersection of Play and Learning will take place in July with Liz Cable running a session on creating escape rooms for higher education while Stephen Caspar and Daryl Peel from the University of Southampton will be running a workshop on creating educational escape rooms.
- Cliffhanger Rooms has been nominated for the 2017 Cumbria Tourism awards in the category of best new business.
- Rooms Quest isn’t taking bookings at the moment after issues with the landlord which means we lose their Jailbreak, Safe Haven and Platform 7 3/8ths rooms for a while. The website does show bookings for August so hopefully that means they’ll be reopening their doors eventually.
- East of England
- Lock House in Cambridge throws open its door this week with two new TRAP rooms – Egyptian and Cambridge.
- South East England
- It’s not often that a room opens before this site becomes aware of its existence but The Great Escape UK managed that feat by opening a couple of weeks ago. The Reading-based company has two rooms in its line up – Prison Break and Mad Scientist.
- Locked in a Room are looking to launch in Milton Keynes this summer – no details of whether they’ll use the same rooms as elsewhere but the capacity suggests 8 rooms of 5-6 people.
- Exciting Escapes announced that they’ll be opening a second site up in Basingstoke.
- Fosters are running a popup escape room in London on Wednesday and Thursday this week. The website suggests that it will take place on the Time Run premises.
- The Safecrackers: Blue Eyed Cats is opening at Namco Funscape Escape Room
- Escape This Room closes London Bank Heist on Saturday 27th after three weeks.
- South West England
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!