Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up packed full of new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
No rest for the wicked – another busy week of updates.
- Red Bull put together a surprisingly accurate history of escape rooms.
- East of England
- New escape rooms are set to open in Essex with Chelmsford Escape Rooms announcing plans to launch in the next few weeks.
- West Midlands
- Northern Ireland
- Escape Rooms Derry open this week with Major Plott’s Revenge which previously ran in Edinburgh
- South East England
- South West England
- It only just got announced last week but already the local papers are running with the story of Exciting Escapes opening up in Basingstoke.
- Those of you who heard about Escape Mobile, the escape room in a van company, will be pleased to hear that they’re going on tour this summer with the first announced gig at the End of the Road Festival in September.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!