Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up packed full of new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
Plenty of updates on the UK scene this week
- North East England.
- The Escape Key opens this week with two games already bookable – Armageddon and the Tomb (note – in spite of the name similarities, these don’t look like TRAP games)
- South West England
- Lock and Code is opening a second site in Weston super Mare, down in the town centre, with their first game at the new venue being called Breakout.
- South East England
- Elusion Rooms look set to open their doors in Southampton later this month with The Pandora Heist
- The Escapement have just opened with two games – the Tomb and Pirates of Polaris.
- City Mazes Oxford are removing one of their old games and replacing it with a Russian-sourced room called the Professor’s Predicament.
- Time Trap Escape finally reopen this week with Rebellion – 1136.
- Too late to sign up to but Breakin’ Escape held a one night Resident Evil themed escape game to promote the upcoming film.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- North West England
- East of England
- Rustic Riddles throw open their door this week with Pan’s Problem, an outdoor escape game.
- House of Horrors is opening at Room Escape Southend
- A new Escape venue is set to open in Ipswich in a couple of months with the first games on offer being Da Vinci, Contagion and Taken.
- And early reports of another Escape outlet down in Colchester.
- A new VR escape experience is opening in Peterborough: Collosal Escapes. from the looks of the website, it’s associated with the local company, Hour Escape.
- East Midlands
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!