Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up packed full of new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East of England
- Rustic Riddles, the recently opened outdoor escape room in Norfolk, got a mention in the local newspaper
- South East England
- Escape 360, a new company based just outside Windsor, launched with their first room called Prime Suspect
- Virtual Reality
- Escape Reality are continuing their onward march across the country, this time with the announcement of an Edinburgh branch. When that location opens, they will likely become the third biggest UK brand by number of rooms, displacing Breakout. With rumours suggesting that Birmingham and Manchester may follow soon, there’s a very good chance they’ll be the first company in the UK to hit 50 rooms.
- Locked Shetland opened a second room at their site called The Tomb
- North East England
- Pirate Escape closed Pirate Island ready for their new game to open next week.
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- East Midlands
- Hour Escape opened the first of their two “The Abandoned Cabin” rooms. If you want to play head to head, you’ll need to wait a couple of weeks for the duplicate room.
- Northern Ireland
- Elementary Escape Rooms launched over the weekend with Girona’s Lost Treasure
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!