Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round up packed full of new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East Midlands
- We’ve known for a while but I don’t think there’s been any mention on this site – Escapologic, one of the most popular escape venues in the country have acquired a second site. Expect games to start appearing in Leicester later this year.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- The Escaporium have opened with their first game called Operation Moonshine
- North West England
- Only last week I mentioned that Escape Reality would likely overtake Breakout as #3 in the country. Well, that obviously wasn’t acceptable to the Breakout Liverpool crew and they’ve announced that they’ll be opening more rooms at the branch, having taken over another floor of the building. Expect copies of Vacancy and the Detective Office to open soon but there are more in the pipeline.
- A few months ago, Escape Hunt declared their intention to open sites across the whole country. Well, it looks like they’re starting to deliver on that promise, first with a Birmingham announcement and now this article about a new site in Manchester.
- West Midlands
- Trapped in a Prison Van is opening at Room Escape Adventures, the purveyor of zombie escaping
- North East England
- Pirate Escape in Whitby opened The Pirate’s Forbidden Jungle
- East of England
- Room Escape Southend closed Down the Rabbit Hole and are opening The Cabin
- South West England
- A new company, Puzzle Room Cornwall, have opened in the South West. Their first game, open already, is The Mine
- There’s a one night competition, Breakout Bristol, taking place in Bristol that sees teams taking on what looks to be a mixture of mental and physical challenges and culminates in an escape room. I’m not certain but given the description, it looks to be either Hell in a Cell or a variant thereof.
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!