Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round-up packed full of new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
After last week’s quiet, things are obviously hotting up for the new school term, with plenty of new openings:
- South West England
- East of England
- South East England
- Escape Colchester has been announced, with the first two games mentioned both existing in other Escape venues round the country – Witchcraft and Wizardry and 221B Baker Street.
- Deadlocked Rooms has been announced in Reading. The name may be new, but the team behind it were involved in the highly praised Thinking Outside the Box Escape Rooms in Peterborough.
- From Rags to Riches is opening at Pressure Point Escape Rooms.
- Locked in a Room Milton Keynes opens its doors this week with Timelock and Invisibility Gene. Both games are taken from their other centres and, with each having four copies, it seems like they’re heavily targeting the corporate market.
- Virtual Reality Centres
- For those of you interested in VR escape rooms, Belfast has a new VR centre: VR Party.
- North West England
- Mission Exit, near Manchester, will be launching a Hallowe’en version of the Killer’s Code.
- First news of Lancaster Escape, with the Lancaster Guardian running an article on them.
- If you pay any attention to the escape room news, then you’re probably already aware of moviESCAPE, who launched a new Star Wars escape room this week and got plenty of press coverage.
- It’s not clear whether it’s actually open, but it’s certainly pretty close, and the booking page for Time Race in Bury near Manchester has opened. Two games to start with – the Invitation and Vault 17.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Clue HQ Sheffield opens this week with the perennial Clue HQ room, Bunker 38, and another popular room from their other venues, Cell Block C.
- It’s actually been open for around six months, but Exit Athlone has only just appeared on my radar in spite of having two rooms, Clown Prince of Crime and New World Order.
- Ealu Escape Rooms is, in comparison, a relative newcomer, having been open only four months in Westport. With the Hidden Temple and the House in the Woods, that means Ireland’s total of known rooms has grown by about ten percent this week!
- Witch House in Scottish Highlands is opening at Glasgow’s Locked In Escape Room.
- Padlox Escape Rooms launched in Edinburgh. Their first game, Going for Gold, has a particularly unusual theme – you’re trying to find evidence of Olympic drug cheating.
- Lockdown Inverness replaced Area 51 with a new game, Lost!
- If the games up in Shetland are a little too far for you, perhaps Escape Room Orkney will allow you to tick off “northerly island” from your to do list.
- East Midlands
- Escapologic Nottingham is finally complete with the opening of its eighth game, Robin of Lockskey.
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!