Welcome to your weekly escape room rumour round-up with updates on new games, venues and media mentions.
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- Escape from the Room, the Sutton-based company, has launched what, I think, is the first of its kind in the English language. Escape from the room: the Curse of Old Maid Milly is an escape the room style book, loosely based around their first game. (Full disclosure: I was asked to write the foreword)
- Tickets are selling out for the Escape Room industry conference in Nottingham on October 16th. They’ve made one final extension with only 22 tickets now left so get in fast.
- North West England
- The international franchise Exit the Room look like they’re opening a branch in Manchester – interestingly right behind one of Breakout’s venues.
- South East England
- U-Escape opened in Bournemouh with a single game, the Barbershop Mystery.
- East of England
- Cambridge Escape Rooms launched their latest game, Heaven & Hell, an import of one of the most highly regarded escape rooms in Budapest.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Labyrinth Escape Rooms in Grimsby open their doors this week with Bank Heist and Pirate Cove Plunder
- Not strictly an escape room but being supported by Norris Box and most definitely puzzly, the #WeAreNotAlone corporate challenge may be of interest to those of you near Leeds.
- Review posts (and other items from escape blogs)
- Stuck In The Riddle With Clue
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Popup Escapes (London): The Case of the Dynamo Diamonds
- A Tourist’s Review of Warsaw Escape Rooms
- Warsaw Escape Review: Amazeing Escape
- Warsaw Escape Review: House Escape
- Warsaw Escape Review: Dom Zagadek VR
- Warsaw Escape Review: Cryptex
- Warsaw Escape Review: Escape Room Bank
- Warsaw Escape Review: Dom Kluczy
- Lock Us Up
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Escape and Conquer
- Escape the Review
- Exit Games UK
- The “Great” Escapees
- Escape Room Artist
- To Clue or Not to Clue
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!