Welcome to your weekly roundup of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything this site has discovered in the last week.
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East of England
- Death Row opened a couple of weeks ago at Escape Rooms Suffolk
- South West England
- Riddlr opened recently in Bristol so the Bristol Post dropped by to check them out.
- Want to hear about escape rooms and holidays in North Korea? Then grab yourself 90 minutes, sit back and let Mink (of Oubliette fame) and Nick Moran (from Time Run) share their conversation with you (from the Fun Times with Great People podcast).
- This pub industry article talks about Ei teaming up with Handmade Mysteries to launch another Lady Chastity’s Reserve. The article seems to hint that this might be a bigger collaboration than just the single venue.
- East Midlands
- Break Escape have opened their third game – Nerve Klinik
- West Midlands
- North West England
- moviESCAPE has rebranded one of its sites as Emergency Exit…
- and Man City featured escape rooms on their TV channel after they sent along a couple of team to try out the venue.
- Excalibur is opening at Breakout Chester
- It’s obviously a magical time of the year: University of Magic is opening at Lucardo
- Escape the meth lab is opening at moviESCAPE Stockport
- Escape Stockport opened a while back but was missed on this site. In those couple of months, they’ve already got up to three games: Interrogation Room, Escape the Pirate Cove and Little Shower of Horrors
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- The Guest House Escape Rooms are opening a couple of games with beautifully long names: The Extraordinary Study of Professor Wilbanks and The Tarot Room of Madame Virtue
- South East England
- Kent seems to have more than its fair share of game so not surprise that Kent Life have written this article including interviews with both the Panic Room and Escape Kent as well as a listing for all the other games in the county.
- First sighting of Clue Crypted who’ll be launching their game, the Laboratory, in the new year.
- Another new sighting, Scramm, doesn’t obviously give away its location although I have reason to believe that it’s located in the Oxford region.
- Looks like another university has spotted that escape rooms are a fun way of getting students engaged
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Lock Us Up
- Escape Review
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Completely Clueless
- Escape the Review
- London Escapists
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!