Welcome to your weekly roundup of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything this site has discovered in the last week.
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- North West England
- Santa’s Cabin is opening at moviESCAPE Stockport
- Escape Reality are getting busy in the North West with a confirmed venue in Preston and a proposed site in the Printworks in Manchester.
- Lucardo made the local news with their wizardry-themed game, University of Magic, which launched this week.
- Lancaster Escape got a mention in their local rag
- Fascinating mention here of a long running scholarly escape room experience run by Manchester Metropolitan University targeted at senior school pupils. It’s not clear whether it’s just aimed at school children or if families can head along .
- North East England
- East of England
- South West England
- Live Escape Salisbury are giving a proportion of their takings to a local charity and the local newspaper picked up on it (Also – great news that they’ve had planning permission extended so that they can open seven days a week!)
- Escape Rooms Cheltenham are a new company linked to the equivalently named Crewe venue. Plans are for them to start operating escape rooms in the new year but with a twist. They’ll be running a different game every month and it will only open for a weekend. It will certainly be interesting to see how that pans out.
- Breakout Live Swansea opened Voyager
- East of England
- South East England
- ENIGMA and North Pole Panic are opening at The Panic Room Gravesend bringing the total number of games in the town to a whopping twelve!
- Escape 3600 opened Pirate’s Hut
- Imaginarium – 1863 is opening at Time Trap
- It seems like there’s been a long run of football team stories recently and here’s another – AFC Bournemouth took on the MacGuffin Project earlier in the season.
- West Midlands
- Room Release opened The Archaeologists in the same location as Clockwork Escapes have two games.
- East Midlands
- Escape Asylum recently opened Cirque du Slay in Liecester which replaced their original Hostage room
- Leicester’s Bolt Out opened their second room, The Secret of Thrash’em Towers
- Nerve Klinik opens at Break Escape in Loughborough this week
- The Mansfield-based Escape the Room venue opened Curse of the Pharaoh
- Pie Minster, a pie serving restaurant in Nottingham, are launching two escape rooms above their restaurants and got coverage in the local press. I’m particularly impressed at their choice of opening a Sweeney Todd-themed escape room given what he purportedly did with the bodies of the people he killed… Their first two games are called The Demon Barber and Germagedoon
- Northern Ireland
- Elementary Escape Rooms opened their second room, Uncle George the Spy
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- The Guest House Escape Rooms have opened with two games: The Extraordinary Study of Professor Wilbanks and The Tarot Room of Madame Virtue
- Blog posts
- Escape the Review
- To Clue Or Not To Clue
- Escape Room Artist
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Completely Clueless
- Lock Us Up
- Escape Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!