Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- South East England
- TimeTrap Escape Rooms in Reading have announced plans to run a game in collaboration with a local workspace provider to raise awareness of the social divide. The new game, The Divide, will run for around three months and a percentage of each booking will be donated to Launchpad, a charity that aims to prevent homelessness. It’s great to see an escape room company pushing the boundaries of the genre and using it as a medium to educate about societal issues.
- …and they’ve already had coverage in local media.
- Genius Escapes is a new outfit that looks to be opening in Hampshire near Southampton. The website’s still a work in progress but they’re aiming to open around March.
- Slough-based company, Bust Out 360, has opened its doors. At the moment, there’s just a single game: Taken.
- Breakout Broneirion opens this week with two games: Freaky Fairground and Night at the Museum. This is another company that’s running a game in aid of a good cause – all the money raised support Girlguiding Cymru.
- North West England
- The Wirral is obviously the happening place with Clue HQ Wirral opening their doors hot on the heels of Wirral Escape Rooms. They’re starting with two copies of Detonation before opening two more games: AI9 and the Betrayal of Cluetankhamun.
- They’re not the only Clue HQ brand in the process of opening in the North West though – Clue HQ Heysham, just a few miles south of Morecambe should be following in the not too distant future. HT to Amy for pointing this out.
- East of England
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Escape Rooms Scarborough opened their doors this weekend with two games: Wizard’s Quest and the Mission.
- There’s a new listing site for London games.
- Northern Ireland
- Old news but new to this site: Jack Straws Board Game Cafe in Belfast ran an Escape Room board game evening which looks to have been well attended.
- Blog posts
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Trapp’d Peterborough: The Outlaws of Red Rock
- Trapp’d Peterborough: Madame Curio’s Cirque Delirium
- Escape from the Room (London): The Cabin in the Woods
- Operation Escape (London): WWII – The Ops Room
- A Tourist’s Review of Hamburg Escape Rooms
- Hamburg Escape Rooms: Fluchtweg
- Hamburg Escape Rooms: Skurrilum
- Hamburg Escape Rooms: EscapeDiem
- To Clue Or Not To Clue
- Escape the Review
- Lock Us Up
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Logic Escapes Me
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!