Happy New Year! Welcome to your weekly roundup of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything this site has discovered in the last
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East of England
- Room Escape Southend have opened up their new game, Apartment 666
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Project Breakout opened The Dollmaker
- North West England
- The Vault Festival has just announced its program and, like last year, there’s one escape room in the line up. The Lifeboat accommodates up to eight people (no reference to whether women and children take priority) and runs from late January to mid March.
- No Escape London opened Escape the Dentist
- They’ve actually been open for three months but this is the first I’ve heard about two Harry Potter themed children’s games in London. Kidzescape London are running The School of Wizardry and The Magic Lamp. They seem to be targeting the 8 to early teens age group.
- South West England
- West Midlands
- You may be aware of Nuneaton’s Escape the Curlew Study which closed down a few months ago. Well, it looks like it’s reopening this year with a new name: House of Escapes. If you’re interested in supporting them, they’re running a private crowdfunding campaign.
- Black Hawk Laser in Oswestry is going to open an escape room in February, Temptress Mine. The trend of games opening up alongside laser tag games seemed to have gone a bit quiet so it’s interesting to see another appear.
- Another week, another marriage proposal. What can I say? I’m a romantic at heart…
- There was a positive article in a local paper about a potential escape room in Atherstone.
- CYBER Q Escape Rooms opened Alice in Wonderland
- South East England
- Blog posts
- Disco Messiah Escape Room Reviews
- Escape the Review
- Exit Games UK
- Really Fun
- Escape Reviewers
- 2017 – round up
- The Neglected – Lockdown (Oldham)
- ROOM: The 13th Element – Escape Quest (Macclesfield)
- Mr Chuckles Funhouse – Escape Quest (Macclesfield)
- Curious Encounters – Escape Quest (Macclesfield)
- Amazon Escape – Escape Quest (Macclesfield)
- Bomb – Exit The Room (Manchester)
- Madness – Exit The Room (Manchester)
- The Poltergeist – Emergency Exit (Ashton)
- The Logic Escapes Me
- The Golden Keys – 2017
- What’s on at the Vault 2018?
- Do Stuff Escape (London): Pie & Mash Shop
- Time Trap (Reading): Imaginarium – 1863
- iDventure: Unfinished Case of Holmes
- Clue Adventures (London): 2 Tickets 2 Ride
- London news and rumours – January 2018
- Co-decode (Swindon): Professor Dunstan and the Search for the Ancient Statuette
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Completely Clueless
- Lock Us Up
- Stuck In The Riddle With Clue
- Escape Room Artist
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!