Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
This site is always on the look-out for new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- The Ordnance Survey is a pretty big deal so it’s exciting to find out that they’re playing with (VR) escape rooms as a mechanism for exploring their mapping technology and even better that they’ve written an extended article on it.
- Liz Cable of Leeds Trinity University is putting on an Escape Game Jam this weekend.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- (see comment under National section on an Escape Game Jam)
- The Lifeboat, a popup escape room, opens at the Vaults this week.
- South West England
- If you’re based in Bournemouth and fancy playing at the Lockey, they’re helping to run a psychological study which could mean you get a free game.
- Next weekend sees the running of Escape Rooms Cheltenham‘s Stop That Thief game. Remember, these are very short-lived games so if you want to go, it’s now or, possibly, never.
- Fix the Reactor is opening at Escape Down the Rabbit Hole
- West Midlands
- There’s planning permission for an escape room in Burton, Staffordshire but the applicant no longer wants to open one. If you’re thinking of getting into the business in that area, perhaps this is the perfect opportunity?
- The Warwick Courier has picked up on the possibility of Live Escape opening in Leamington Spa.
- Where there’s a will… is opening at Clockwork Escapes. Check out their Facebook page for a humorous video advertising the new experience.
- South East England
- Blog posts
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Hamburg Escape Rooms: Twisted Rooms
- Hamburg Escape Rooms: Adventure Team
- London on a Budget
- Escape Room Hull: The Bank Job
- Can You Escape? (York): Operation H.E.R.O.
- Escape Room Hull: The Aviator’s Study
- ClueTrace (London): Mission Critical
- Area Guides:
- Lock Us Up
- The Disco Messiah
- Escape Reviewers
- Escape the Review
- The “Great” Escapees
- Escape Room Tourism
- The Logic Escapes Me
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!