Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last
seven fourteen days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- South West England
- It’s been coming for a while but Escape Hunt has officially announced opening dates for some of their new venues. Escape Hunt Bristol opens in March with two copies of the Fourth Samurai.
- East of England
- Breakout Rooms in Watford opened a couple of weeks ago with their first room called Spy Games and available to play as a head-to-head.
- Escape Plan have quietly added a second venue to their website – the good news for those who missed out is that The Adventure Begins will make a return up in Shoreditch. Interestingly, looks like it will be co-located with a cinema.
- Time Run have officially announced that they close down in April
- The Independent ran a story on the top escape rooms in London. I suspect most enthusiast will take issue with the list
- Unlike this list from London Calling which I suspect pretty much ALL enthusiasts would take issue with…
- East Midlands
- Too late now but as part of the Festival of Science and Curiosity, there was a Physics-themed popup escape room in Nottingham last week.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Another region, another Escape Hunt venue. This time it’s Escape Hunt Leeds which will also be launching in March with a war-themed game “Our Finest Hour”.
- The Great Escape Game Leeds has added Haunted to their already extensive room line up.
- And at the same time, The Devil’s Playground, which is already available in that Leeds venue, is being brought to The Great Escape Game Sheffield
- Another “too late now” post, this time for a popup game that’s based on local legends. The Room of Secrets was based in Leeds library and only opened for one evening as far as I can see.
- North West England
- South East England
- CTRL-ALT-ESC, in Margate, open their second game this week – Spacescape.
- Bewilder Box have started accepting bookings for their new game. Judgement D.A.V.E will be hosted at the Brunswick, another pub in the Brighton area.
- The Fifth Room is opening at Random Rooms on the Isle of Wight. To be clear, that’s both its name and an accurate description.
- Fam Fest, an Aberdeen festival, mention that they’re going to be hosting an escape room as part of their offering. No details yet as to the provider and it may turn out to just be a tie in with a local provider.
- West Midlands
- And last but not least, the local news have noticed that Escape Hunt opens in Birmingham in a couple of weeks.
- Blog posts
- Lock Us Up
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escape and Conquer
- Escaping Rooms
- Escape the Review
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Escape Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!