Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East of England
- Escape Room Kings Lynn open their doors and a couple of rooms this week. Treasure Island and Pandemic will be joined by Murder on Norfolk Street next weekend.
- Thinking Outside the Box in Peterborough launch Retro this week, a console-themed game.
- Room Escape Southend closed Apartment 666 ready for their new Mummy-themed game,
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Mindlock York launch their second game this week, Viking Valhalla, which presumably draws on the history of the city.
- South East England
- The new Brighton company, Pier Pressure, open their doors this week with two games. Pavilion Perplex and Modrophenia are both centred around Brighton-specific themes.
- The local Oxford paper spotted that Escape Hunt have put in a planning application for a venue in the city.
- The Banbury Guardian ran an article on Scramm Live Escape just before it opened a couple of weeks ago.
- West Midlands
- East Midlands
- Leicester is getting yet another venue with Escape Leicester, a branch of the Escape chain, due to open in a couple of weeks.
- While it’s not 100% clear if Nottingham’s Nightmare Asylum is a true escape room or not, there’s enough on the website for me to include it as such for now.
- Deception Escape Rooms in Matlock, Derbyshire. opened Scarytale
- South West England
- Bristol Escape Rooms slipped quietly under the radar and launched a couple of weeks ago. One game for now, The Prison Escape, but a couple more on the website with launches later this year.
- Locked in a Room in Bristol have relocated and in the process closed down Timelock and opened up a brand new game, Infinity. The capacity of the new venue is already 44 but it sounds like it’s going to be higher in the future.
- Lock and Code in Weston-super-Mare opened The League of Superheroes
- Onigo Escapes is a new outdoor escape room in London. Two missions (The Breakout and The Murder of J. Conwy), two parks (Hyde Park and Clapham Common)
- Escape Plan have opened a new venue in Shoreditch at the Rich Mix arts venue. If you missed out the first time round then good news – they’re bringing back their highly rated game, The Adventure Begins
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escaping Rooms
- Escape Room Artist
- Escape the Review
- Lockhouse Escape Games: Secret Agent
- Cryptx: The Jewellery Heist
- Escape Team: Missions 1-5
- Escape The Crate: Episode 6: Extinction
- Trapp’d: The Outlaws of Red Rock
- Trapp’d: Madame Curio’s Cirque Delirium
- Quest Room: Bloody Elbow
- Quest Room: Da Vinci’s Challenge
- 60out: Da Vinci’s Secret
- 60out: P.U.T.I.N. Bunker
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!