Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- In case you missed it, the BBC sitcom Not Going Out ran an episode called Escape Room which was, unsurprisingly, all about an escape room (although not filmed in a real one as far as I know)
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Mindlock York open their first game this week. Cluedo is one of their head to head rooms, with their other head-to-head, Valhalla, coming very soon too and V90 to follow at some point
- South East England
- There’s already quite a concentration of venues in Thanet but one more appears to be on its way. Breakout Ramsgate haven’t announced their rooms yet but there’s a countdown timer on display that’s about to hit a hundred days…
- Looks like Milton Keynes will be getting a branch of Escape in the near future. The booking calendar points at their Newcastle site so lists the wrong games but the front page suggests they’ll be launching the magic and pirate rooms.
- Department of Mysteries is a new venue opening in Edinburgh next month that looks to be targeting Harry Potter and escape room fans.
- East of England
- The Cellar is opening at Room Escape Southend. Note that this isn’t one of their regular room rotations but is a brand new space they’ve just opened up. Their existing game still has a couple of weeks before it gets torn down to be replaced by a Mummy-themed experience.
- They’re also running a limited edition murder mystery escape room event in May.
- South West England
- Bristol Escape Rooms might not be the most imaginatively titled but the rooms look intriguing with a distinct pirate theme to their suite of games.
- West Midlands
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Escape Reviewers
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escape the Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!