Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East of England
- East Anglia seems to be expanding rapidly with the newest kids on the block being Escape Room Kings Lynn. They opened their first game, Murder on Norfolk Street, at the end of last week.
- The Escape Game has been running in Swansea for a while and expansion plans have featured on their website since almost the beginning but it looks like things are finally hotting up with The Escape Game Llanelli due to open soon (possibly this month if rumours are to be believed).
- North West England
- Liverpool hasn’t had a new game in a long while but it looks like Escape Hunt will be heading into a new location
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Cryptology Rooms’ expansion plans continue with the website now showing a Cryptology Rooms Sheffield.
- Escape Games Glasgow are a new outfit running the popup game, The Buttermilk Mystery, in a local cafe. The game only runs on Sunday and opens at the end of this week. (Thanks to Exit Games Scotland for the tip!)
- If you’re into design then Now Play This are running a four day event covering all manner of games including a talk on ER design on the Friday.
- South East England
- East Midlands
- Escape Leicester launch in a couple of weeks with two games – Witchcraft and Wizardry as well as Area 51. More to follow in the future including the Da Vinci room next month.
- Blog posts
- Escape the Review
- Really Fun
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Berlin Escape Review: THE ROOM
- London news and rumours – April 2018
- Berlin Escape Review: Final Escape
- Berlin Escape Review: Illuminati Escape
- Berlin Escape Review: Labyrintoom (The Cube)
- Berlin Escape Review: Smart Room (Andere Welt)
- Berlin Escape Review: Cat in the Bag
- The Panic Room (Gravesend): Dino Land
- A morning in Oxford: City Mazes
- Escape Plan (London): The Battle for Britain
- Escaping Rooms
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Disco Messiah
- Escape Goats
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!