Welcome to your “weekly” fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last couple of weeks!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- North East England
- Project Escape, based in Middlesborough, moved location and have opened a couple of copies of their new Sherlock Holmes-themed game, Elementary.
- North West England
- Kong Escape Room is a new venue in Keswick. It’s not the first UK game to be part of a climbing centre but it is, to my knowledge, the first to make use of a climbing theme for the game.
- South East England
- Not strictly an escape room but Kryptos in Oxford is a new “treasure hunt with escape room style puzzles” experience that opened recently.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- S6 Rooms is the new name for the Sheffield venue with Voodoo and the Bank Job, formerly known as Enigma Rooms Sheffield. Reason for the rebrand? Well, they’ve broken away from the main Enigma Rooms company and are going it along.
- Mindlock York opened V90, presumably an upgrade on the V75 game at their Aberdeen venue, Breakout Games.
- West Midlands
- Adventure Vault is a new company that opened in Shrewsbury recently. The Scandal is their first game with a couple more set to open later in the year.
- South West England
- Devon Escape opened their second game, Death on Dartmoor
- Blog posts
- To Clue Or Not To Clue
- Lock Us Up
- London Escapists
- Escaping Rooms
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escape the Review
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Completely Clueless
- Escape Goats
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!