Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- West Midlands
- Get Out Alive in Rugby has been open since Easter this year but has only just appeared on this site’s radar. It seems to operate mainly during school holidays so if you want to check it out then you might want to get your skates on.
- East of England
- Escape Basildon is the latest foothold for the Escape brand further and was spotted by the local press. Looks like it will have two games – OverThrone and the Magic Emporium.
- Maldon Escape Rooms is the latest venture from the group that brought you the nearby Chelmsford and Bishop’s Stortford Escape Rooms. Their first game, Rob the Bank, opens in a fortnight.
- Room Escape Southend closed The Mummy’s Tomb yesterday and will be opening A Haunting on West Street in around three weeks.
- South West England
- Bath’s Escape4fun opened their second game, Action Escape Room, which sees you finding the star of the show
- The Bournemouth Echo collated a list of games to play across Dorset. Usual caveats apply about non-enthusiast-generated lists!
- A new company has popped up in Pool, Cornwall offering mobile escape rooms. UnSafe Games first offering is the 12:15 Project.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Escape Rooms Scarborough has opened Terminating Here, a London Underground themed game.
- Northern Ireland
- Escape Rooms Belfast opened a second site in the city about a month ago, launching two copies of their popular Diamond Heist game that was previously available in Edinburgh.
- East Midlands
- Rob and Chris Escape is a temporary escape room in Hinckley, Leicestershire that has been set up in aid of the Big Issue Foundation as part of their London Marathon fundraising. They’re running The Facility for the next few weeks but hint that it’s very portable so might be able to run it on a mobile basis if you ask them.
- Escape Asylum 2 open their new venue in Leicester with two games available: RIIITUAL and Phobias. It’s interesting to see that they’re actively encouraging alcohol at the venue with a co-located bar.
- South East England
- The Marlowe is launching an escape room in Canterbury at the Marlowe Kit building. Marlowe’s Ghost opens next month and, unsurprisingly, builds on the stories of the city’s famous playwright.
- Exciting Escapes opened their third venue last week with two games taken from their existing portfolio – “Murder at the Movies” and “Dark Deeds and Groceries”. If you’re disappointed by the lack of new offerings for Portsmouth, worry not – the website makes it clear that new games are in the work for the venue and should be available later this year!
- Blog posts
- Escape Goats
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escape Room Tourism
- The Disco Messiah
- Exit Games UK
- Lock Us Up
- The DARKE side of the room
- The “Great” Escapees
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!