Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- Room Escape Artist published a glossary of escape room terms. Great if you don’t have any idea what someone on the enthusiast list is saying but also to give you words to describe those concepts that you didn’t know had names. Ghost puzzles are my personal favourite!
- James Hamer Morton, the mind behind Deadlocked Escape Rooms in Reading, is publishing an escape room book in November of this year. Pre-order available now.
- Department of Magic opened their second game, Dark Lord Resurrection, in Edinburgh.
- North East England
- Escape Newcastle opened Alien Escape – First Contact, one of their two games being launched to advertise the Predator film.
- Mostly Harmless has launched a semi-permanent venue in London. You may remember them from The Vaults festival where they ran The Lifeboat. This is another sci-fi/space themed game and with the experience they’ve gained and a more permanent location you’d imagine that there will be a step up in quality. Also of interest is that they’re at a boxpark so the game will be in a standard container. They’re not the first, but if they’ve built a room that works in one location, it’s likely easily transferrable to a new one.
- Fun Times Immersive is a new company in London that’s recently opened (according to their website) with a single two player game – The Lift of Doom. Note that it’s only a twenty minute game and the website has a strong hint that this is part drinking establishment, part entertainment complex.
- West Midlands
- Escape Reality Birmingham launched their site recently with five games: Bank Job, Enigmista, Iron Kingdom, Machina and Alcatraz. Legend of the Mummy is due to open soon.
- Clue HQ Birmingham opened their two Agent Academy games recently. Unlike Breakout Manchester, their colour coded missions aren’t just a way to label two copies of the same game. Red Mission and Blue Mission are genuinely different games just with a similar theme. Interestingly, they’re both for 2-3 players.
- Escape Hunt Birmingham open Blackbeard’s Treasure this week – their third game. Given their approach thus far, I expect this to appear at other Escape Hunt sites soon.
- South East England
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Geeks in Wales
- Escape Room Tourism
- Unlock & Roll
- Escape Goats
- Escape Review
- Lock Us Up
- Escape the Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!