Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- South West England
- City Mazes Bristol opened their fifth game, Subject 11
- South East England
- Looks like The Escapement in Margate will be getting a new venue. Fans of the company will be pleased to hear that they’ve got enough space to add an extra six rooms…
- The Divide is opening at Pier Pressure in Brighton. Fans of Time Trap in Reading may recognise the game which ran for three months there in aid of Launchpad Reading. This time round a percentage of game sales will be going to Brighton Housing Trust.
- Carmilla is opening at The Skape Rooms in West Sussex
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Elftastic Workshop is opening at The Escapologist in Selby
- Temporal Tours is opening at Eltham Escape
- East Midlands
- Overthrone is opening at Escape Leicester
- The Plague is opening at Tension Exit Games in Lincoln
- The Houdini Challenge is opening at Deadlocked Rooms Northampton
- Escape Skegness opened Carnival of Curiosities
- Escape Lincoln is a new Escape venue which will eventually house three games – the Magic Emporium, Sherlock: The Initiation and Contagion.
- East of England
- Evidence Room is a new venue that’s launching in Bury St Edmunds. No launch date yet but a strong suggestion they’ll be available soon.
- North West England
- Blog posts
- The DARKE side of the room
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Escape Goats
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escape Room Artist
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!