Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- North East England
- Project Escape are closing Elementary temporarily while they run their Christmas-themed game Tinsel Torment
- HintHunt have closed down two of their John Monroe rooms and opened up Submarine: DeepDown, Submarine: Torpedo and The Safe. The first two are present in a variety of international venues and are unusual in being played in the same space.
- Omescape Aldgate opened Huxley VR, the well known VR escape room from Berlin.
- Adventox opened their third game Haunted: The Curse of Dr Stevens
- Popup Escapes closes The Case of the Dynamo Diamonds this week.
- Escape Games London opened Sinister Cinema
- East of England
- History Mystery are set to open a new game in underground Norwich. As well as benefiting charity, it looks to be a pretty cool venue – Norwich’s answer to Diagon Alley? Thanks to Sarah for the pointer!
- Escape Rooms Suffolk opened The Night Before Christmas
- Tricky Escape Clacton, the new venue from the Harwich-based company open their doors this week with the first game called Magic & Mystery
- The Panic Room Harlow opened North Pole Panic, which was previously located over in Gravesend.
- Don’t Get Locked In from Leighton Buzzard have opened their second room, The Rock.
- South East England
- Time Lock have launched in Worthing. Their first game is Deutschland ’89: Mission Berlin which was previously available at Clue Trace under the title Mission Critical.
- Escape Windsor are a new company that launched recently offering two games for now: Area 51 and Crown Jewels Heist.
- Chichester Escape Rooms is a new venue from the team behind Escape from the Room. The two original games, Old Maid Milly and Cabin in the Woods are already open with Operation Sealion soon to follow
- Escape Room Sussex launched this week with an untitled game based on an ancient myth
- Pier Pressure opened The Divide, a game in aid of a homeless charity that was designed and run by Time Trap Escape Rooms in Reading.
- Escape Kent have opened two new games. Firstly a Christmas-themed room called Savin’ Santa which will run over the festive period. The other game is Vicé Versa, a head-to-head game which, from what I’ve heard, is based on the well-known White Room from Hungary (and now available in various other countries).
- Exciting Escapes opened The Voices We Hear at their Portsmouth venue.
- North West England
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Stuck In The Riddle With Clue
- Escape Goats
- Lock Us Up
- Unlock & Roll
- Escape the Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!