Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North West England
- Wirral Escape Rooms opened their second game, Christmas Confusion.
- Total Enigma in Carlisle has opened its second game, Asylum.
- Breakout Chester opened their seventh game, Dark Magic, a few weeks ago.
- Looks like Wigan might be getting an escape room according to this article. Adrenaline Escape has found a venue and submitted a planning application so watch this space!
- Trapped In appear to be temporarily closed. It’s not clear why or how long for but their last games took place over a month ago and people on the Facebook page have talked about waiting for refunds.
- West Midlands
- Xscape Now in Telford has opened a seasonal room, Xmas Xscapades
- South West England
- Escape The Game is a new venue in Bovey Tracey (near Exeter). They’ve already got two games available: Circus Heist and Santa Escape
- South East England
- Mythologic Escape Rooms is a new company aiming to open in Gillingham, Kent. The site it still very much a work in progress so I don’t expect them open till the new year.
- Escape Windsor (unrelated to the Escape brand) looks close to opening with two games already mentioned on their website: Crown Jewels Heist and Area 51.
- Blog posts
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Lock Us Up
- Escape the Review
- Escaping Rooms
- Escape Goats
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!