Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- If you’re struggling for what Christmas presents to buy someone then here are some suggestions from a US escape room blog: Room Escape Lover’s 2018 Holiday Buyer’s Guide. Mostly available direct from the UK – if you do get something from the States, remember that you might be charged taxes!
- West Midlands
- Cannock Chase Escape Rooms has me intrigued. The Bunker is a ninety minute game, out in the middle of nowhere and run by enthusiasts that I don’t recognise by name.
- Jingle Bells is a new Christmas-themed escape room being opened at Resorts World, Birmingham by Escape Live. It’s a 30 minute game which they’re quite clear is aimed at children with the chance to meet Santa as part of the experience.
- South East England
- Other World Escapes has opened a new venue in Porstmouth. I’m anticipating a few games but their first is Vermillion, a copy of their successful Southampton-based experience.
- Hysteria Escape Rooms in Chatham opened their second game, Motel California
- The Real Escape in Portsmouth has opened a fourth game called Mission 15. It’s a little unusual as the game is fifteen minutes long and for just 2-3 people.
- Eeek Escape Rooms is a new venue that’s just obtained planning permission and opens its doors in January 2019!
- South West England
- Operation Escape in Bromley has launched a Christmas-themed game: Santa’s Lost Presents
- East Midlands
- Lincoln look set to get two new venues according to this article. Deliverance is an entirely new company created by a local while Enigma Rooms is part of chain of games in Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
- Castle Rock Crafts is an interesting venue which appears to be running a bushcraft-themed, 45 minute escape room. I’m not entirely sure what that entails but it certainly sounds interesting!
- The Escape Game Llanelli has opened a second room Hostel which has a difficulty rating of 8.6 whatever that means!
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- The Escapologist in Castleford has opened its third game, Insomnia
- Clue HQ Harrogate opened The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun
- Hull’s Take the Exit has opened a Christmas-themed game called Santa’s Workshop
- Locked In Games, the Leeds company, has opened, you’ve guessed it, a Christmas-themed game called Night Before Christmas
- Enigma Rooms Wakefield opened Seance last month.
- North West England
- East of England
- Bishop’s Stortford Escape Rooms has opened Christmas Chaos
- Blog posts
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Escape the Review
- Completely Clueless
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Escaping Rooms
- Escape Goats
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!