Welcome to your fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last three weeks!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- Play at home games
- The VOC Treasure – At Home Mystery Kickstarter is running. At €40 (plus delivery), it’s on the more expensive end of the scale but it does appear to already exist and have been played, at least in Dutch, so there’s less risk involved .
- Particularly exciting news is the announcement that there’s going to be an escape room at Buckingham Palace this summer. Yes, you read that right. More precisely, at the Queen’s Gallery. Leonardo’s Artmergency is part of the 500 year anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death. More info on this game designed by History Mystery is available here.
- Operation Escape opened World War II – Wings of Victory
- Roll out the Barrel is opening at Escape Plan Shoreditch
- Modern Fables (Broadway Market) opened Hypersomnia
- South West England
- The Strange Disappearance of Arthur Moon is opening at Red House Mysteries in Torquay – which is a new venue from this long-running company.
- South East England
- Get Lost Escape Rooms in Dover opened Director’s Cut and the 30-minute, kids’ game Neverland
- Escape Town is a new venue in Redhill from the team behind Guildford Escape Rooms. The first game is Missing in Action.
- Escape in 60 is a new venue in Windsor which has launched with Escape the Castle.
- Vire have opened a second venue – this time in Aylesbury – and with it a new game: Murder Mystery
- Pier Pressure in Brighton is closing The Divide but rumour has it that the game will resurface at Other World Escapes just along the coast.
- Escape Reading opened Ram Raid
- Bust Out 360 in Slough opened The Swirl
- Elusion Rooms in Southampton opened Cursed Waters, their first game at their new High Street site.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Bridlington Escape opened their doors today with their first game, Inheritance.
- West Midlands
- Chase the Escape in Wolverhampton opened Raid the S.T.A.G.G
- East of England
- Ultimate Xscape has opened in Aberystwyth with two games: Spellbound and Room 13.
- East Midlands
- It looks like Houdini’s Escape, the Southampton-based escape room company, are opening a new venue in Kegworth. That’s of particular note because it’s at a Best Western hotel and a few companies have mentioned to me that Best Western were looking to open games across the country.
- Escape Leicester opened The Cabin
- Blog posts
- Without a Padlock
- Unlock & Roll
- (Re)View Two Escape
- Escaping Rooms
- Lock Us Up
- Escape Goats
- London Escapists
- Granny & the Anthropomorphic Panda Avengers…Escape!
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Uncontainables – Escape Room Review Blog UK
- Really Fun
- Review the Room
- Escape the Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!