For the full UK and Ireland listing, click here.
For those of you interested in stats… There are 136 bookable games (131/123 if you don’t count duplicate games at one/multiple sites). Those games are spread across 35 companies with 50 venues.
Wheelchair accessible – contact the venue for more info.
Deaf friendly – based on a statement by the venue or a deaf player. Contact the venue for more info.
Duplicate game – this game is present at other venues in the UK or overseas, possibly with a different name. Hover over/press and hold for details.
East of England
|Escape Basildon, Basildon SS14 1DB. Two games:
– The Magic Emporium (2‑6 players) Investigate the mystery behind Ms Garbo’s disappearance.
– Overthrone (2‑6 players) The King is dead, long live the King!
|Clue HQ Bedford, Bedford SG19 1SA. One game:
– The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun (2‑7 players) Explore the tomb of Cluetankhamun to find the Cluetan crystal.
|Vire, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 3UL. Four games:
– Dam Burst (8‑18 players) Escape before the dam breaks!
– Haunted House (2‑6 players)
– Murder Mystery (2‑8 players) One murder. Nine suspects.
– Governor’s Prison (2‑8 players) The governor’s developed a poisonous toxin.
Past games: Nuclear Countdown, Invaders House
|Bishop’s Stortford Escape Rooms, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 5RG. Five games:
– Eerie Motel (2‑8 players)
– An Hour to Kill (2‑8 players)
– Rob the Bank (2‑8 players) Recover the family gold.
– Patient Zero (2‑10 players) Identify patient zero and discover the cure before it’s too late.
– Christmas Candy Chaos (2‑10 players) Fix Santa’s Candy Machine.
Past games: Christmas Chaos
|Clue HQ Brentwood, Brentwood CM14 5TL. Four games:
– Detonation (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Can you escape from Danny Badd without being blown up?
– Bunker 38 (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Escape from a nuclear bunker as the oxygen runs out.
– Dungeon of Doom (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Free your wrongfully imprisoned friend from the dungeon and escape together.
– Sacrifice (2‑8 players) . Reviews: Compete against your friends to make the ultimate sacrifice.
|BURY ST EDMUNDS
|Evidence Room, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3AQ. Two games:
– Gedding Room (3‑6 players)
– Aztec Room (2‑6 players)
Past games: Christmas Room
|Escape Rooms Suffolk, Bury St Edmonds IP28 8DS. Two games:
– Death Row (2‑6 players) 1960s Texas. Escape before the prison warden returns or face death.
– The Vault (2‑5 players) MI6 have tasked you to steal five internationally prized artefacts.
Past games: The Night Before Christmas
|Cambridge Escape Rooms, Cambridge CB1 8DH. Three games:
– Secret of the Tomb (2‑6 players) Retrieve Lucille’s ashes to escape the room.
– Heaven & Hell (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Have you been to hell and back? How about heaven too?
– The Bomb (2‑6 players) Evade the booby traps and disarm the bomb before the bank blows up.
|Lock House, Cambridge CB2 1DP. Three games:
– Egyptian Tomb (2‑5 players) Take on the Pharaoh’s challenge.
– Armageddon (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Save the world from armageddon.
– Secret Agent (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Prove the MI6 agent is working for the Soviets.
|Cryptx, Cambridge CB23 4GG. Three games:
– The Jewellery Heist (2‑6 players). Reviews: Steal the jewels, escape and maybe crack the Illuminati treasure.
– The Curious Case at McGuffin’s (2‑6 players) Steal the infamous book.
– Santa’s Workshop (2‑7 players) Rescue all the presents and make the reindeers friends again.
Past games: The Haunted Pub, The Gaol, School of Hard Locks
|Chelmsford Escape Rooms, Chelmsford CM2 6DN. Three games:
– The Last Testament (2‑6 players). Reviews: What is Uncle Reg’s secret?
– The Governor (2‑8 players). Reviews: You awake to find yourself in one of the cells of a run-down Victorian prison
– The Crazy Cat Lady (2‑8 players) Find all six cats before their owner returns.
|Escape Live Chelmsford, Chelmsford CM1 1LW. Three games:
– Escape the Jungle (2‑8 players) After playing a mysterious board game you’re somehow transported to a jungle.
– Sword in the Stone (2‑8 players) Find the artifacts and use them to unite the kingdom
– Star Quest (2‑8 players) Save your crew and escape the ship before you get sucked into a black hole.
|Tricky Escape Clacton, Clacton-On-Sea CO15 3AU. Three games:
– Magic & Mystery (2‑6 players) Uncover the mystery of your headmaster’s disappearance before you’re captured by the society of magic.
– A Race Against Time (2‑6 players) Can you get back to the present or will you be trapped in the past forever?
– The Damned (2‑6 players) Conquer your fears…
|East Anglia Railway Museum, Wakes Colne CO6 2DS. One game:
– Codebreakers 1954 (2‑6 players) Search the train, find the dossier and escape before the spies catch up with you
|Escape Colchester, Colchester CO1 1LJ. Four games:
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– The Cabin (2‑5 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
– Escape the Seven Seas (2‑6 players) Set the treasure free!
|Doomsday Games, Colchester CO1 2TJ. One game:
– Pathogen (2‑6 players, 90 minutes). Reviews: The year is 2035 and humankind is on the brink of destruction.
Future games: Critical Mass
|Locked Escapes, Dunstable LU5 4RH. Three games:
– The Real Peaky Blinders (2‑6 players)
– The Great Train Robbery (2‑6 players)
– Strange Things (2‑6 players) Solve the mystery of the missing boy
|Oliver Cromwell’s House, Ely CB7 4HF. One game:
– Lock-in at the Cromwell Arms (4‑8 players) Foil the plot against Queen Victoria
Past games: Royalist Roundup
|The Panic Room Harlow, Harlow CM20 1HF. Five games:
– The Panic Room (2‑8 players) . Reviews: Find the conspiracy theorist’s secret.
– The Tomb (2‑8 players). Reviews: The sands of time are running low.
– North Pole Panic (2‑6 players) There’s no time like the present.
– Strikeforce (2‑6 players) Break into the bunker and deactivate the missiles before they launch
– CSI: The Mafia Murders (2 copies, 2‑6 players)
Future games: Carnevil
Past games: The Witch House, ENIGMA
|Tricky Escape Harwich, Harwich CO12 3PT. Two games:
– Prisoner X (2‑6 players) You only have one chance, so make it count.
– Runaway Rudolph (2‑6 players) Find Rudolph and save the day.
Past games: The Attic
|D S Escape Rooms, Haverhill CB9 8PU. Two games:
– Elude (2‑6 players). Reviews: Can you elude the killer?
– Luna 13 (2‑6 players). Reviews: Restart the engines before you add a new crater to the moon.
|Suffolk Food Hall, Ipswich IP9 2AB. Two games:
– Orwell Dockyard (2‑8 players) Find the evidence Wilkinson craves so desperately.
– The Forgotten Fairground (2‑8 players)
Past games: Escape the Gamekeeper’s Bothy, Vanished – Prof Campbell’s Lab
|Ipswich Escape Rooms, Ipswich IP1 5NX. One game:
– The Secret Clubhouse (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Can you find and solve the mysterious puzzle?
|Escape Ipswich, Ipswich IP4 1BB. Six games:
– Da Vinci (2‑6 players) Break the codes, follow the clues and recover the holy grail.
– Taken (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Rescue the hostages and escape from the serial killer’s grasp.
– Contagion (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Casino Heist (2‑6 players) Break into the casino and steal as mauny chips as you can.
– Sub-Zero (2‑6 players) Get the generators back online and save your crew.
– Locked Inn (2‑6 players) Satisfy the spirits and release them from the curse of the Unicorn.
|The Escape Barn, Ipswich IP14 6AT. One game:
– Mary’s Room (1‑4 players)
|Locked In Lynn, Kings Lynn PE30 4YR. Two games:
– Prison Break (1‑6 players)
– Diamond Heist (1‑6 players)
|Escape Room Kings Lynn, Kings Lynn PE30 1AH. Three games:
– Murder on Norfolk Street (1‑4 players)
– Treasure Island (1‑4 players)
– Pandemic (1‑4 players)
|Don’t Get Locked In, Leighton Buzzard LU7 0LB. Two games:
– The Secret Hut (2‑6 players) Enter the secret hut and find the German plans before it’s too late.
– The Rock (2‑6 players) People don’t leave the Rock alive.
|Prestige Escape Rooms, Lowestoft NR32 1HP. One game:
– Saving Wonderland (2‑6 players)
|Maldon Escape Rooms, Maldon CM9 5QP. Four games:
– Rob the Bank (2‑8 players) Recover the family gold.
– An Hour to Kill (2‑8 players)
– Deep Trouble (2‑8 players)
– When Santa got stuck up the Chimney (2‑8 players)
Future games: The Cage
|Axes and Escapes, Fakenham NR21 7RL. Four games:
– School room (Up to 6 players) Escape before the school bell rings
– Spy vs Spy (2 copies, 2‑6 players) A 2v2 challenge room!
– WhoDunit? (2‑8 players)
– Solutions Inc (2‑8 players)
Past games: The Gauntlet, Santa’s Workshop
|Fakenham Escape Rooms, Fakenham NR21 9AX. Two games:
– Disaster Strikes (2‑6 players) Discover where and when the next disaster will strike.
– House of Evidence (2‑6 players) What’s happened to Paul Peterson and his family?
|Puzzlescape, Dereham NR19 1DP. Three games:
– Diamond Hunt (2‑6 players). Reviews: Enter the home of Claude von Dom and steal the Star of Africa.
– Sleight of Hand (2‑6 players). Reviews: Steal the priceless artifact from the magician’s assistant.
– Magnesis (2‑6 players)
|History Mystery, Norfolk NR11 6NG. One game:
– The Queenmaker (2‑6 players). Reviews: Use your guile and cunning to help get your daughter to the altar.
|Bamboozled, Norfolk NR16 2HE. Two games:
– Pawn Shop (2‑8 players) Get back the laptop before the owner comes calling.
– Demolition (2‑8 players) Find your way out before the dynamite plunger is pushed.
|Cryptic Escape, Norwich NR3 1HF. Four games:
– Lev Pasted (2‑5 players) Search the Doctor’s laboratory to find the secret elixir.
– The Treasure of Green Beard (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Follow the clues to track down Green Beard’s amulet.
– The Haunted (2‑6 players) Free a girl’s soul or be trapped with her for eternity.
– The Tomb of Akhenaten (2‑6 players) We seek a group of brave explorers to solve and unravel the mysteries within.
|History Mystery, Norwich NR2 1JS. One game:
– Body of Evidence (2‑6 players). Reviews: A ghastly discovery on the streets of Victorian Norwich sparks a murder hunt
Future games: Goin’ Up City
Past games: Archived Alive!
|History Mystery (Norwich Museum), Norwich NR2 1AQ. One game:
– The Merchants’ Vaults (2‑6 players). Reviews: Escape the horrors of debtors’ prison.
|History Mystery (Kinda Cafe), Norwich NR1 3DH. One game:
– Secrets of the Tunnels (2‑6 players) Dig up some of Norwich’s subterranean history…
|Clued Up Escapes, Norwich NR1 1LT. Three games:
– Nuclear Countdown (2‑8 players) Can you stop the missile in time?
– The Bank Heist (2‑8 players) Break into the vault and grab the loot.
– Prison Breakout (2‑8 players) Accept your fate or make a bid for freedom.
|Hour Escape Rooms, Peterborough PE2 7BF. Three games:
– Black Diamond (2‑6 players). Reviews: Break into the mansion to steal back the diamond and return it to the museum.
– Operation: Dead Planet (2 copies, 2‑5 players)
– Stranger Things (2‑5 players) Investigate the Rifts appearing around Hawkins
Past games: Dr Paulitious’ Lab, Airlock, Timebomb
|Escape Peterborough, Peterborough PE1 2TL. Eight games:
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– Taken (2‑5 players) Rescue the hostages and escape from the serial killer’s grasp.
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– The Bank Job (2 copies, 2‑5 players) Escape with as much money as you can before the cops show up!
– Contagion (2‑6 players) Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Espionage (2‑6 players) After being intentionally captured, you must escape from prison and retrieve the blueprints.
– The Cabin (2‑6 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
– Escape the Seven Seas (2‑6 players) Set the treasure free!
|Escape Peterborough (Priestgate Vaults), Peterborough PE1 1LF. Three games:
– The Hunt (2‑5 players). Reviews: Help the Roundheads find Charles I and bring him to trial!
– Buried Alive (2‑6 players) Help the Roundheads find Charles I and bring him to trial!
– The Great Wine Cellar Swindle (2‑6 players) Enter the wine cellar, crack the puzzles, retrieve the treasures.
Past games: Theatre of Screams
|Trapp’d Peterborough, Peterborough PE1 5BJ. Two games:
– Madame Curio’s Cirque Delirium (2‑6 players). Reviews: Find a way out of the circus nightmare before Madame Curio steals your mind.
– The Outlaws of Red Rock (2‑6 players). Reviews: The last train out of town leaves in an hour – make sure you’re on it.
|Suffolk Escape Room, Saxmundham IP17 1TG. Two games:
– Area 51 (2‑8 players) Is this a secret military installation or are mysterious forces at work?
– Air Raid (2‑8 players)
|Room Escape Southend, Southend SS0 7EL. Two games:
– The Forgotten Tomb (2‑4 players)
– The Gingerbread House (2‑12 players)
Past games: Zombie Outbreak, Asylum, The 12 Deaths of Christmas, The Circus of Terrors, Down the Rabbit Hole, The Cabin, A Zombie Xmas, Apartment 666, The Mummy’s Tomb, A Haunting on West Street, The Cellar, The House of Frankenstein, Cell 31, The Cottage
|Escape Live Essex, Southend SS1 1HS. Three games:
– Dr Wilson’s Office (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Solve the clues to find out who’s threatening the detective.
– Room 13 (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Solve the puzzles to help rescue Amy.
– Pirate Plunder (2‑6 players) Plunder as much treasure as you can before the ship sinks.
|Escape Southend, Southend SS1 2NL. Two games:
– Carnival of Curiosities (2‑6 players) Things are not quite what they seem.
– The Magic Prison of Azcatraz (2‑6 players) Escape from prison and steal the source of the evil wizard’s power, the legendary gauntlet of gleek
|St Neots Museum, St Neots PE19 1AE. One game:
– Jailbreak: Conscription 1916 (2‑6 players)
Past games: Jailbreak
|Breakout Rooms, Watford WD17 2DQ. Four games:
– Spy Games (2 copies, 2‑6 players). Reviews: Get out before the timer ends and the whole place detonates.
– The Lost City (2‑6 players). Reviews: A simple expedition turns into a disaster.
– Blackbeard’s Quest (2‑6 players) Explore the ship and retrieve the Koh-i-Noor diamond.
– Exorcism (2‑6 players) Urban legend has it that hikers going through the Appalachian Mountain pass never return and are never seen again.
The following venues are announced but not yet available:
- Chelmsford, The Escape Network (October 2015 to October 2018)
- East Anglia, Puzzle Room (April 2015 to May 2017)
- Kings Lynn, Find The Way Out (February 2017 to December 2018)
- Norfolk, Rustic Riddles (June 2017 to October 2017)
- Peterborough, Thinking Outside the Box (December 2016 to September 2019)
- Southend, Hide and Shriek (June 2016 to September 2016)