For the full UK and Ireland listing, click here.
For those of you interested in stats… There are 108 bookable games (104/98 if you don’t count duplicate games at one/multiple sites). Those games are spread across 33 companies with 45 venues.
Wheelchair accessible – contact the venue for more info.
Deaf friendly – based on a statement by the venue or a deaf player. Contact the venue for more info.
Duplicate game – this game is present at other venues in the UK or overseas, possibly with a different name. Hover over/press and hold for details.
East of England
|Escape Basildon, Basildon SS14 1DB. Two games:
– The Magic Emporium (2‑6 players) Investigate the mystery behind Ms Garbo’s disappearance.
– Overthrone (2‑6 players) The King is dead, long live the King!
|Clue HQ Bedford, Bedford SG19 1SA. One game:
– The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun (2‑7 players) Explore tomb of Cluetankhamun to find the Cluetan crystal.
|Vire, Bishop Stortford CM23 3UL. Four games:
– Nuclear Countdown (2‑6 players). Reviews: Armageddon is a heartbeat away.
– Dam Burst (8‑18 players) Escape before the dam breaks!
– Haunted House (2‑6 players)
– Christmas Escape Room (2‑82 players)
Past games: Invaders House
|Bishop’s Stortford Escape Rooms, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 5RG. Two games:
– Eerie Motel (2‑8 players)
– An Hour to Kill (2‑8 players)
Past games: Christmas Chaos
|Clue HQ Brentwood, Brentwood CM14 5TL. Four games:
– Detonation (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Can you escape from Danny Badd without being blown up?
– Bunker 38 (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Escape from a nuclear bunker as the oxygen runs out.
– Dungeon of Doom (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Free your wrongfully imprisoned friend from the dungeon and escape together.
– Sacrifice (2‑8 players) . Reviews: Compete against your friends to make the ultimate sacrifice.
|BURY ST EDMUNDS
|Evidence Room, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3AQ. One game:
– Gedding Room (3‑6 players)
Past games: Christmas Room
|Escape Rooms Suffolk, Bury St Edmonds IP28 8DS. One game:
– Death Row (2‑6 players) 1960s Texas. Escape before the prison warden returns or face death.
Past games: The Night Before Christmas
|Cambridge Escape Rooms, Cambridge CB1 8DH. Three games:
– Secret of the Tomb (2‑6 players) Retrieve Lucille’s ashes to escape the room.
– Heaven & Hell (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Have you been to hell and back? How about heaven too?
– The Bomb (2‑6 players) Evade the booby traps and disarm the bomb before the bank blows up.
|Lock House, Cambridge CB2 1DP. Three games:
– Egyptian Tomb (2‑5 players) Take on the Pharaoh’s challenge.
– Armageddon (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Save the world from armageddon.
– Secret Agent (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Prove the MI6 agent is working for the Soviets.
|Cryptx, Cambridge CB23 4GG. Two games:
– The Jewellery Heist (2‑6 players). Reviews: Steal the jewels, escape and maybe crack the Illuminati treasure.
– School of Hard Locks (2‑6 players) Can you escape from detention before the teacher returns?
Past games: The Haunted Pub, The Gaol
|Chelmsford Escape Rooms, Chelmsford CM2 6DN. Three games:
– The Last Testament (2‑6 players). Reviews: What is Uncle Reg’s secret?
– The Governor (2‑8 players). Reviews: You awake to find yourself in one of the cells of a run-down Victorian prison
– The Crazy Cat Lady (2‑8 players) Find all six cats before their owner returns.
|Tricky Escape Clacton, Clacton-On-Sea CO15 3AU. One game:
– Magic & Mystery (2‑6 players) Uncover the mystery of your headmaster’s disappearance before you’re captured by the society of magic.
|East Anglia Railway Museum, Wakes Colne CO6 2DS. One game:
– Codebreakers 1954 (2‑6 players) Search the train, find the dossier and escape before the spies catch up with you
|Escape Colchester, Colchester CO1 1LJ. Four games:
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– The Cabin (2‑5 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
– Escape the Seven Seas (2‑6 players) Set the treasure free!
|Doomsday Games, Colchester CO1 1LJ. One game:
– Pathogen (2‑6 players, 90 minutes) The year is 2035 and humankind is on the brink of destruction.
|Oliver Cromwell’s House, Ely CB7 4HF. One game:
– Lock-in at the Cromwell Arms (4‑8 players) Foil the plot against Queen Victoria
Past games: Royalist Roundup
|The Panic Room Harlow, Harlow CM20 1HF. Four games:
– The Panic Room (2‑8 players) . Reviews: Find the conspiracy theorist’s secret.
– The Witch House (2‑8 players) . Reviews: A creepy thriller, can you solve before midnight?
– The Tomb (2‑8 players). Reviews: The sands of time are running low.
– North Pole Panic (2‑6 players) There’s no time like the present.
Future games: The Don, Outbreak 626
Past games: ENIGMA
|Tricky Escape Harwich, Harwich CO12 3PT. Two games:
– The Attic (2‑6 players) Can you escape from the attic?
– Prisoner X (2‑6 players) You only have one chance, so make it count.
|D S Escape Rooms, Haverhill CB9 8PU. One game:
– Elude (2‑6 players) Can you elude the killer?
|Suffolk Food Hall, Ipswich IP9 2AB. Two games:
– Vanished – Prof Campbell’s Lab (2‑8 players). Reviews: Piece together the data and find the perfect genetic code for beef.
– Orwell Dockyard (2‑8 players) Find the evidence Wilkinson craves so desperately.
Past games: Escape the Gamekeeper’s Bothy
|Ipswich Escape Rooms, Ipswich IP1 5NX. One game:
– The Secret Clubhouse (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Can you find and solve the mysterious puzzle?
|Escape Ipswich, Ipswich IP4 1BB. Six games:
– Da Vinci (2‑6 players) Break the codes, follow the clues and recover the holy grail.
– Taken (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Rescue the hostages and escape from the serial killer’s grasp.
– Contagion (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Casino Heist (2‑6 players) Break into the casino and steal as mauny chips as you can.
– Sub-Zero (2‑6 players) Get the generators back online and save your crew.
– Locked Inn (2‑6 players) Satisfy the spirits and release them from the curse of the Unicorn.
|Suffolk Escape Room, Saxmundham IP17 1TG. One game:
– Area 51 (2‑8 players) Is this a secret military installation or are mysterious forces at work?
|Find The Way Out, Clemchwarton PE34 4DT. Two games:
– The Fairytale (2‑5 players)
– Casino Heist (2‑5 players)
Past games: Abandoned Ship, Witch’s Lair, Not Guilty, The Lost Pyramid
|Escape Room Kings Lynn, Kings Lynn PE30 1AH. Three games:
– Murder on Norfolk Street (1‑4 players)
– Treasure Island (1‑4 players)
– Pandemic (1‑4 players)
|Don’t Get Locked In, Leighton Buzzard LU7 0LB. Two games:
– The Secret Hut (2‑6 players) Enter the secret hut and find the German plans before it’s too late.
– The Rock (2‑6 players) People don’t leave the Rock alive.
|Maldon Escape Rooms, Maldon CM9 5QP. Two games:
– Rob the Bank (2‑8 players) Recover the family gold.
– An Hour to Kill (2‑8 players)
|Axes and Escapes, Fakenham NR21 7RL. Three games:
– School room (Up to 6 players) Escape before the school bell rings
– The Gauntlet (2‑8 players) Not for the faint-hearted
– Spy vs Spy (2 copies, 2‑6 players) A 2v2 challenge room!
Past games: Santa’s Workshop
|Fakenham Escape Rooms, Fakenham NR21 9AX. One game:
– Disaster Strikes (2‑6 players) Discover where and when the next disaster will strike.
|Puzzlescape, Dereham NR19 1DP. Three games:
– Diamond Hunt (2‑6 players). Reviews: Enter the home of Claude von Dom and steal the Star of Africa.
– Sleight of Hand (2‑6 players). Reviews: Steal the priceless artifact from the magician’s assistant.
– Magnesis (2‑6 players)
|History Mystery, Norfolk NR11 6NG. One game:
– The Queenmaker (2‑6 players). Reviews: Use your guile and cunning to help get your daughter to the altar.
|Bamboozled, Norfolk NR16 2HE. Two games:
– Pawn Shop (2‑8 players) Get back the laptop before the owner comes calling.
– Demolition (2‑8 players) Find your way out before the dynamite plunger is pushed.
|Cryptic Escape, Norwich NR3 1HF. Three games:
– Lev Pasted (2‑5 players) Search the Doctor’s laboratory to find the secret elixir.
– The Treasure of Green Beard (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Follow the clues to track down Green Beard’s amulet.
– The Haunted (2‑6 players) Free a girl’s soul or be trapped with her for eternity.
|History Mystery, Norwich NR2 1JS. Two games:
– Archived Alive! (2‑6 players). Reviews: Our historian will be history – unless you can save him!
– Body of Evidence (2‑6 players). Reviews: A ghastly discovery on the streets of Victorian Norwich sparks a murder hunt
|History Mystery (Norwich Museum), Norwich NR2 1AQ. One game:
– The Merchants’ Vaults (2‑6 players). Reviews: Escape the horrors of debtors’ prison.
|Hour Escape Rooms, Peterborough PE2 7BF. Four games:
– Dr Paulitious’ Lab (2‑6 players) One thousand years in the future, you must track down the cure for a mutated Bubonic plague.
– Black Diamond (2‑6 players). Reviews: Break into the mansion to steal back the diamond and return it to the museum.
– Operation: Dead Planet (2 copies, 2‑5 players)
– Stranger Things (2‑5 players) Investigate the Rifts appearing around Hawkins
Past games: Airlock, Timebomb
|Thinking Outside the Box, Peterborough PE1 1TW. Two games:
– Retro (2‑6 players). Reviews: Fix the console before the backup battery dies and you’re trapped forever.
– The Magician’s Apprentice (2‑6 players)
Past games: Stranded, Merlin’s Mystery, The North Pole
|Escape Peterborough, Peterborough PE1 2TL. Seven games:
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– Taken (2‑5 players) Rescue the hostages and escape from the serial killer’s grasp.
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– The Bank Job (2 copies, 2‑5 players) Escape with as much money as you can before the cops show up!
– Contagion (2‑6 players) Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Espionage (2‑6 players) After being intentionally captured, you must escape from prison and retrieve the blueprints.
– The Cabin (2‑5 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
|Escape Peterborough (Priestgate Vaults), Peterborough PE1 1LF. Three games:
– The Hunt (2‑5 players). Reviews: Help the Roundheads find Charles I and bring him to trial!
– Buried Alive (2‑6 players) Help the Roundheads find Charles I and bring him to trial!
– The Great Wine Cellar Swindle (2‑6 players) Enter the wine cellar, crack the puzzles, retrieve the treasures.
Past games: Theatre of Screams
|Trapp’d Peterborough, Peterborough PE1 5BJ. Two games:
– Madame Curio’s Cirque Delirium (2‑6 players). Reviews: Find a way out of the circus nightmare before Madame Curio steals your mind.
– The Outlaws of Red Rock (2‑6 players). Reviews: The last train out of town leaves in an hour – make sure you’re on it.
|Room Escape Southend, Southend SS2 6HJ. Three games:
– A Haunting on West Street (2‑12 players)
– The Cellar (2‑4 players)
– The Chapel (2‑12 players)
Past games: Zombie Outbreak, Asylum, The 12 Deaths of Christmas, The Circus of Terrors, Down the Rabbit Hole, The Cabin, A Zombie Xmas, Apartment 666, The Mummy’s Tomb
|Escape Live Essex, Southend SS1 1HS. Three games:
– Dr Wilson’s Office (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Solve the clues to find out who’s threatening the detective.
– Room 13 (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Solve the puzzles to help rescue Amy.
– Pirate Plunder (2‑6 players) Plunder as much treasure as you can before the ship sinks.
|St Neots Museum, St Neots PE19 1AE. One game:
– Jailbreak: Conscription 1916 (2‑6 players)
Past games: Jailbreak
|Breakout Rooms, Watford WD17 2DQ. Two games:
– Spy Games (2 copies, 2‑6 players). Reviews: Get out before the timer ends and the whole place detonates.
– The Lost City (2‑6 players). Reviews: A simple expedition turns into a disaster.
Future games: House of 100 Corpses, Broken Arrow
The following venues are announced but not yet available:
- Chelmsford, The Escape Network (October 2015 to October 2018)
- East Anglia, Puzzle Room (April 2015 to May 2017)
- Norfolk, Rustic Riddles (June 2017 to October 2017)
- Southend, Hide and Shriek (June 2016 to September 2016)