For the full UK and Ireland listing, click here.
For those of you interested in stats… There are 46 bookable games (44/44 if you don’t count duplicate games at one/multiple sites). Those games are spread across 15 companies with 18 venues.
Wheelchair accessible – contact the venue for more info.
Deaf friendly – based on a statement by the venue or a deaf player. Contact the venue for more info.
Duplicate game – this game is present at other venues in the UK or overseas, possibly with a different name. Hover over/press and hold for details.
North East England
|Cluedini Darlington, Darlington DL1 1LU. Three games:
– Blitz (2‑6 players) Keep Calm and Get Out.
– Sleuth (2 copies, 2‑6 players) Pass the interview amd join the ranks of Sleuth HQ.
– Anubis (2‑6 players) Escape the tomb before the God of the Afterlife unleashes his curse.
|Escape Rooms Durham, Durham DH1 3NU. Two games:
– Mr Borrowdale’s Study (2‑6 players) Root through Mr Borrowdale’s puzzling possessions in order to escape the room.
– Lab Heist (2‑6 players) Infiltrate Durham Bio Laboratories and steal as many ‘data discs’ as you can.
Future games: Naughty or Nice
|Escape Rooms Durham – Lumley Castle, Durham DH3 4NX. One game:
– Lily of Lumley (2‑6 players) Find Lily, free her from the curse and escape a deadly fate.
|Teesside Escape Rooms, Middlesbrough TS3 8DS. One game:
– Jail Break (2‑6 players) Escape from jail.
|Project Escape, Middlesbrough TS1 1SE. Three games:
– Elementary (2 copies, 2‑6 players) Can you think like a detective?
– Dr Villain’s Revenge (2‑6 players)
– Haunted (2‑6 players)
Future games: Christmas Nightmare
Past games: The Magician’s Illusion, Heroes & Villains, The Mystery of Room 20, Tinsel Torment
|Enigma Escape Rooms Middlesborough, Middlesbrough TS1 2ES. Four games:
– Plague (2‑6 players) Enter the lab and find a cure.
– Prison Break (2‑6 players)
– Asylum (2‑6 players) Inmates have taken over the asylum.
– Young Guns (2‑6 players) Convince the jury to find your innocent.
|Lost and Escape, Newcastle NE1 4XB. Two games:
– The Dungeon (2‑6 players) Find the three elemental power crystals to escape the Dungeon.
– The Magic Castle (2‑6 players) Experience the wizard world.
Past games: Time Travel to the 1900s, The Lost Treasure
|Exit Newcastle, Newcastle NE1 1SG. Three games:
– Save the City (2‑8 players) Stop the evil genius and defuse the bomb.
– Volatile Laboratories (2‑6 players). Reviews: Find the antidote and escape the laboratory.
– The Attic (2‑6 players) Discover what horrors await you behind closed doors.
|Pirate Escape, Newcastle NE26 2TH. Three games:
– Forbidden Jungle (2‑6 players). Reviews: Solve the shaman’s clues and puzzles, find the treasure and escape before you are trapped by his spell forever.
– Mutiny (2‑6 players) . Reviews:
– The Secrets of the Orient (2‑6 players)
Past games: Blackbeard’s Ship, Pirate Island, The Brig, The Tavern
|The Escape Key, Newcastle NE1 5SF. Three games:
– Armageddon (2‑8 players) Save the world from armageddon.
– The Plague Room (2‑8 players) Retrieve Lucille’s ashes to escape the room.
– Witch (3‑7 players) Save an innocent victim and escape the Hangman’s noose.
|Never Give Up, Newcastle NE4 7JE. Two games:
– King Tut’s Tomb (2‑8 players). Reviews: A real life Crystal Maze experience
– The Dungeon (2‑12 players). Reviews: Could you escape the dungeon?
Future games: Future Realm
|The Riddle Room, Newcastle NE12 7JN. One game:
– Albert’s Fortune (Up to 4 players)
Past games: The Room
|Exit Newcastle 2, Newcastle NE1 7PS. One game:
– Fiorella’s Cave (2‑6 players). Reviews: Recover the Fiorella’s treasure before it falls into the wrong hands.
Past games: Christmas Game!
|Escape Newcastle, Newcastle NE1 5AE. Three games:
– The Cabin (2‑5 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
– Contagion (2‑5 players) Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
|Escape Newcastle (The Gate), Newcastle NE1 4XQ. Two games:
– Alien Escape – First Contact (2‑5 players) Escape before the alien skins you as a trophy…
– Dead Man’s Hand (2‑5 players) The robotic hosts of Western World have started to malfunction.
Past games: Santa’s List
|Enigmatology, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 3NJ. Three games:
– The Strange Case of Professor Crowhagen (2‑5 players) Uncover the professor’s whereabouts and avert an event that will change history forever.
– Elemental (2‑5 players) Join John Walker, the inventor of the friction match, on his quest to unravel the mystery.
– The Secret of Crick Hollow (2‑5 players, 90 minutes) Uncover the secret of Crick Hollow and avert disaster before it’s too late.
Past games: The Twelve Heists of Christmas
|Clue HQ Sunderland, Sunderland SR1 1JG. Four games:
– Bunker 38 (3‑6 players) Escape from a nuclear bunker as the oxygen runs out.
– The Vault (3‑6 players) Escape from the Vault with as much money as possible.
– Cell Block C (3‑6 players) Escape from the top security Cell Block C.
– Dungeon of Doom (3‑6 players) Free your wrongfully imprisoned friend from the dungeon and escape together.
|The Strategy, Sunderland SR4 6SN. Three games:
– The Box (2‑8 players). Reviews: After witnessing a mafia hit, you find yourself trapped in a crate heading to an unknown destination
– The Vault (2‑8 players). Reviews: You have been transported back in time to a bank vault. Solve the puzzle or be trapped in time forever.
– The Way to Wonderland (2‑8 players). Reviews: Escape the topsy-turvy Wonderland before the Queen of Hearts finds you.
The following venues are announced but not yet available:
- Newcastle, Escape Newcastle (original site) (November 2014 to February 2018)
- South Shields, Quest Rooms (May 2019 to August 2019)