For the full UK and Ireland listing, click here.
For those of you interested in stats… There are 152 bookable games (143/138 if you don’t count duplicate games at one/multiple sites). Those games are spread across 38 companies with 46 venues.
Wheelchair accessible – contact the venue for more info.
Deaf friendly – based on a statement by the venue or a deaf player. Contact the venue for more info.
Duplicate game – this game is present at other venues in the UK or overseas, possibly with a different name. Hover over/press and hold for details.
Yorkshire and the Humber
|Beverley Escape Rooms, Beverley HU17 9EY. Two games:
– Mystery on the Yorkshire Express (2‑5 players)
– Escape the Autopsy (2‑5 players)
|X-it Games, Shipley BD18 3SP. One game:
– Afterlife (3‑5 players). Reviews: Will you beat Death himself?
Future games: Pirate Adventure
|Bridlington Escape, Bridlington YO15 2DR. Two games:
– Inheritance (2‑6 players) Your Great-Uncle Eric was a lover of puzzles, games, and all things fun.
– Black Hills Saloon (4‑8 players)
|Project Breakout, Brighouse HD6 1EY. Four games:
– The Antidote (2‑5 players). Reviews: Do you have what it takes to beat the experiment?
– Project Z (2‑5 players). Reviews: Find a way out of the bunker before the chopper is forced to leave.
– The Dollmaker (2‑5 players) . Reviews:
– Operation Clearsafe (4‑6 players, 75 minutes) Investigate the rumours surrounding a top secret facility.
|The Escapologist Castleford, Castleford WF10 4TA. Four games:
– Secret Service: Winter Fall (2‑6 players) Will you be the ultimate bomb squad?
– Frozen in time (2‑6 players) Can you help stop the freeze?
– Insomnia (2‑6 players) Your darkest fears await you…
– Mystery Mayhem (2‑6 players) In the heart of The Escapologist lies a mysterious room.
|Escapologist Cleethorpes, Cleethorpes DN35 8AJ. Five games:
– Undercover (2‑6 players) An undercover inspector has gone missing in the hunt for a serial killer.
– To The Dogs (2‑6 players) Cleethorpes’ worst B&B.
– Shaken (2‑6 players) Find the secret ingredients and escape with enough time to make cocktails.
– Oriental Odyssey (2‑6 players) Incover the hidden identity of China’s most notorious frustrater.
– Operation Gem Heist (2‑6 players) Find the treasure and conquer the leaderboard.
Past games: Sleepover
|Enigma Rooms Doncaster, Doncaster DN1 3NR. Four games:
– Ward 13 (2‑6 players). Reviews: Escape from the morgue, or stay there…
– Hostage (2‑6 players) Escape or face interrogation.
– The Heist (2‑6 players). Reviews: Can you steal the Enigma Diamond?
– Mafia (2‑6 players). Reviews: Infiltrate the operation and get some dirt on the big boss!
Past games: Clueless Detective Agency
|Labyrinth, Grimsby DN31 1LH. Three games:
– Cell 13 (2‑4 players) Do you have what it takes to solve the clues and escape?
– The Heist: Part 2 (2‑5 players) Break into the vault isn’t the only challenge.
– Santa’s Grotto (2‑5 players) Find the misplaced gifts.
Past games: Pirate Cove Plunder
|The Escaporium, Halifax HX1 1QG. Four games:
– Operation Moonshine (2‑6 players). Reviews: Steal something from scarface or sleep with the fishes.
– The Haligonian (2‑6 players). Reviews: Enter the private museum and discover what its owner has been up to.
– Crux Codicillus (2‑6 players) . Reviews:
– A Christmas Advent-ure (2‑6 players) Get yourself on the Nice list.
Future games: Area 51.5
|Clue HQ Harrogate, Harrogate HG1 1RH. Three games:
– Cell Block C (2‑6 players) Escape from the top security Cell Block C.
– CSI: The Panic Room (2‑6 players) Investigate a murder and identify the perpetrator from the 500 suspects.
– The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun (2‑6 players) Explore the tomb of Cluetankhamun to find the Cluetan crystal.
|Live For Today, Harrogate HG3 3AY. One game:
– Crack the Enigma (2‑6 players) Decipher codes, crack safes, assemble firearms and so much more.
|The Live Escape, Huddersfield HD1 5LN. One game:
– Prison Breakout (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Solve a series of puzzles, mysteries and find hidden clues to gain your freedom.
|Stuck in the Riddle, Huddersfield HD1 2ET. Two games:
– The Dungeon (2‑8 players). Reviews: The king is dead but you, the rightful heir, have been thrown in a dungeon.
– Murder Mystery (2‑8 players) The lights cut out and when they come back on Lady Scarlet is dead on the floor. Solve the murder before the police arrive.
Future games: Cabin in the Woods
|The Live Escape 2, Huddersfield HD1 6PU. One game:
– Underground (2‑6 players). Reviews: Travel through the underground tunnels and collect guns in order to escape.
Past games: Santa’s Christmas Conundrum
|Cryptic Escape Rooms, Huddersfield HD1 3XH. Three games:
– Mcarville Manor (2‑6 players) Find the TV crew and return them to the station.
– The Upside Down (2‑6 players)
– Christmas Cabin (2‑6 players)
Past games: Order of the Sorceror
|Escape Hull, Hull HU1 3DL. Six games:
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– Taken (2‑5 players) Rescue the hostages and escape from the serial killer’s grasp.
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2‑5 players) Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– The Darker Side of Hull (2‑5 players). Reviews: Discover Hull’s true dark past.
– The Cabin (2‑5 players) If you go down to the woods today you’re in for a big surprise…
– Escape the Seven Seas (2‑6 players) Set the treasure free!
Past games: Contagion, Escape Casino
|Escape Room Hull, Hull HU1 2PA. Four games:
– The Aviator’s Study (2‑5 players) . Reviews: A tribute to Amy Johnson. Use a variety of navigation tools alongside conventional locks, puzzles and riddles in order to escape
– The Bank Job (2 copies, 2‑5 players) . Reviews: Evade the police and escape with a fortune.
– Prison Break (2 copies, 2‑6 players). Reviews: Split into two teams and solve the exact same puzzles to escape.
– The Lab (2‑6 players) A mission full of chemistry and criminal activity
|Take the Exit, Hull HU1 1HT. Three games:
– Doll House (2‑6 players) Playtime’s over.
– Codename: Exit (2‑6 players) Working for MI7, you’ve been sent to break into Silver Inc and steal some evidence.
– The Chapel (2‑6 players) Investigate the mysteries behind the sisters’ deaths.
Future games: Trials of Osiris
Past games: Santa’s Workshop, Santa’s Workshop: Part 2
|Enigma Rooms Hull, Hull HU1 2PQ. One game:
– Dracula’s Tomb (2‑6 players) Escape the darkness or disappear forever
Future games: Escape the Chocolate Factory
|Tick Tock Unlock Leeds, Leeds LS1 2HH. Six games:
– Blueprint (3‑7 players) A conspiracy theorist goes missing. Find out what happened before you’re next.
– The Hatch (3‑6 players) . Reviews: A once-in-a-lifetime holiday to a remote island goes wrong.
– Alice in Wonderland (3‑6 players) Outwit the Queen of Hearts or the Jabberwocky will get you.
– The Asylum (3‑6 players) Focus on escaping or try to find the true cause of the fire and the story of the unregistered patient…
– The Forgotten Tomb (3‑6 players) Venture into Pharaoh Kamzu’s hidden tomb and break the curse.
– Project Pandora (3‑6 players) Humanity is on the verge of extinction. End the zombie apocalypse where it started.
|Locked In Games, Leeds LS2 7QG. Five games:
– Kiss of Death (2‑6 players) Can you save the patients of ward 106?
– American Die-ner (2‑6 players) Can you save Shirley’s Diner before the bomb goes off?
– The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (2‑6 players). Reviews: Step through the wardrobe into the bleak, eternal winter of Narnia.
– Hotel Heist (2‑6 players). Reviews: Prove your staff’s innocence and protect the hotel’s future.
– The Hidden Book (2‑6 players) Innocence is the weakest form of defence
Past games: Classroom of Doom, Nursery Nightmares, Night Before Christmas, Mrs Claus’s Christmas Chaos
|The Great Escape Game Leeds, Leeds LS1 2HL. Six games:
– King Arthur’s Secret (2‑5 players, 50 minutes) Can you evade Merlin’s magic, unravel the mystery and unearth King Arthur’s secret?
– The Devil’s Playground (2‑5 players, 50 minutes) Welcome to The Devil’s Playground, you are his new toys. Will you survive the sacrifice?
– Underworld Conspiracy (2‑5 players, 50 minutes) Can you enter The Underworld, retrieve and safeguard its secrets, before it is too late?
– Submerged (2 copies, 3‑8 players, 50 minutes) Can you prevent World War 3? Your country, no, the world depends on you.
– Abducted (2‑5 players, 50 minutes) . Reviews: You could not contain your curiosity and finally… you are mine! (formerly the Asylum)
– Haunted (2‑5 players)
|Escape Reality Leeds, Leeds LS12 2TY. Seven games:
– Jungala (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Complete the game or be trapped forever.
– Alcatraz (2‑6 players) Escape the unescapable.
– Nosferatu (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Track down the most dangerous vampire in existence.
– The Iron Kingdom (2‑6 players) Decide which house to support and find the rightful heir to the throne.
– Down the Rabbit Hole (2‑6 players) . Reviews: One moment you were at a party, the next you were transported to another world. Escape, sane and unscarred!
– Machina (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Escape before you become part of the AI experiment.
– Apocalypse (2‑6 players) Investigate the cannibalistic homicides and uncover the truth about a bio-weapon.
|Norris Box, Leeds – mobile. Three games:
– Schrodinger’s Assistant (Up to 6 players) Open the box and discover what Schrodinger’s assistant is up to
– Enigma (Up to 6 players) Decades after the Second World War, a mysterious box is found in a vault in Bletchley Park
– Biohazard (Up to 6 players) Can you break into the locked box and find the cure? (suitable for 7 yrs+)
|Escape Hunt Leeds, Leeds LS1 8TL. Four games:
– Our Finest Hour (2 copies, 2‑6 players) . Reviews: Enter the bunker and find the dangerous V Weapons.
– The Fourth Samurai (2 copies, 2‑6 players) . Reviews: Escape from the Ronin and destroy the mysterious sword.
– Blackbeard’s Treasure (2‑6 players) Grab the loot and escape in 60 minutes or go down with the ship…
– Dr Who: Worlds Collide (3‑6 players) A tear in space and time has been detected, and the Cybermen are about to break through.
|NH Events, Leeds LS12 2DS. One game:
– The Professor’s Discovery (2‑6 players) Hunt through the evidence to solve the case to unmask the killer.
Past games: Christmas Mystery Escape Room, Who Kidnapped Rudolph
|Escape Rooms Scarborough, Scarborough YO11 2NG. Five games:
– Wizard’s Quest (2‑6 players) Save the world from the impending threat of Dark Forces.
– The Mission (2‑8 players) Go under cover in the Cold War Soviet Union and save the world.
– Terminating Here (2‑8 players) A serial killer is stalking the London Underground.
– Million Pound Heist (2‑8 players)
– Sherlock Holmes and the Doomsday Machine (2‑8 players) Can you stop Moriarty’s dastardly plan.
Past games: The Vampire’s Curse
|The Escapologist, Selby YO8 4QB. Three games:
– Anarchy of the Seas (2‑6 players) Set the treasure free!
– Mr McGoo’s Chocolicious Emporium (2‑6 players)
– The Spoils of Stormborn (2‑6 players)
Past games: World of Wizardry, Back from the Future, Elftastic Workshop
|The Great Escape Game Sheffield 1, Sheffield S1 4RG. Three games:
– Mad Scientist (2‑5 players) Captured by a mad scientist, you must escape or become part of their experiments.
– Homicide 2.0 (2‑6 players) You are a team of federal agents called in to track down a serial killer who’s taunting their pursuers.
– Alcatraz 2.0 (3‑7 players) As a prison gang breaks free from Alcatraz, can you escape your cell and join them?
Past games: Homicide, Placebo, Alcatraz
|The Great Escape Game Sheffield 2, Sheffield S1 2EX. Four games:
– Submerged (2 copies, 2‑5 players) Can you prevent World War 3? Your country, no, the world depends on you.
– Abducted (2‑5 players) You could not contain your curiosity and finally… you are mine! (formerly the Asylum)
– The Devil’s Playground (2‑5 players) Welcome to The Devil’s Playground, you are his new toys. Will you survive the sacrifice? – a 45 minute game.
– Run (2‑5 players) The witching hour has begun…
|Crack The Code Sheffield, Sheffield S1 4FS. Three games:
– Zoltan (2‑6 players). Reviews: Unlock the secrets of the magician’s room and find out what happened.
– Apartment 9 (2‑6 players). Reviews: Catch the Sheffield Serial Killer.
– Shawshank Prison Break (2‑7 players) Follow the clues and bring down the system.
Past games: The Cold War Room, The Vault
|Puzzlewoods, Sheffield S75 4BH. Two games:
– The Miner’s Revenge (3‑8 players) Unearth the truth behind the Mine and the mystery of the hidden treasures.
– Rogue Spy (3‑8 players) Whose side are you on?
|Escape Sheffield, Sheffield S1 2GA. Five games:
– 221B Baker Street (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Enter 221b Baker Street and steal the historic item from Sherlock.
– Witchcraft and Wizardry (2 copies, 2‑5 players) . Reviews: Is it a test or is there something more sinister at work?
– Contagion (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Find the antidote and escape the lab before it’s destroyed.
– Espionage (2‑5 players) . Reviews: Infiltrate the home of a journalist who holds some classified information.
– The List (2‑5 players) Can you get your hands on Santa’s list before it’s too late.
|The Lockup Escape Rooms, Sheffield S2 2LN. Two games:
– Meltdown (2‑6 players). Reviews: Complete the experiments before the countdown reaches zero.
– Deep Space Brig (2‑6 players)
|Cryptology Rooms Sheffield, Sheffield S1 4EW. Two games:
– First Contact (2‑6 players) You must choose your path… and the path for all humanity.
– The Mysterious Case of Hugh Dunitt (2‑6 players) Be careful – you may become embroiled in a struggle for more than just the truth.
|Global Escape Rooms, Swinton S64 8BH. Three games:
– Bank Heist (2‑6 players)
– Mine Shaft (2‑6 players)
– The Hangover (2‑6 players)
|Enigma Rooms Wakefield, Wakefield WF1 1PT. Four games:
– Murder Motel (2‑6 players) Discover the secrets inside room 130.
– Escape from Wonderland (2‑6 players) Plan your escape before the Red Queen arrives.
– Seance (2‑6 players) The Possession of Tabitha Rose.
– Christmas Catastrophe (2‑5 players) Santa’s switched off his phone!
|Kanyu, Wetherby LS23 6ER. Three games:
– Follow in my Footsteps (2‑6 players) . Reviews: Unravel the mystery of Sir Henry’s study.
– Lightning in a Bottle (2‑8 players) . Reviews: Danger awaits in Sir Henry’s laboratory.
– Poachers Compound’ (2‑8 players) Foil the poachers, free a captured ranger and escape before the bad guys return.
|Eskape Whitby, Whitby YO22 4ET. Two games:
– The Night Watchman (2‑5 players) Shed some light on the warehouse’s dark secret.
– A Curious Case (2‑6 players) Shed some light on the warehouse’s dark secret.
|Cluedini, Yarm TS15 9AY. Two games:
– Blitz (2‑6 players) Keep Calm and Get Out.
– Hex (2‑6 players) Can you and your fellow witches release the hex?
|GR8escape York, York YO1 8BP. Three games:
– Spy School (2‑6 players). Reviews: Take the final examination and unlock your spy school graduation diploma.
– New York (2‑6 players) Locate the stolen diamond before the warrant expires.
– Ministry of Wizards (2‑6 players) Prove that you’re a real wizard.
Past games: Space Cadet
|Can You Escape?, York YO1 6JH. Two games:
– Operation Lone Eagle (2 copies, 2‑5 players). Reviews: Prevent the evil doctor from erasing everyone’s memories.
– Operation H.E.R.O. (2‑5 players). Reviews: Can you be the hero?
|Mindlock York, York YO1 9SA. Four games:
– Viking Valhalla (2 copies, 2‑6 players) Please the Gods and earn your place in Valhalla.
– V90 (2‑6 players) Will the fate of mankind be sealed just like the locked door between you and freedom?
– Cluedo (2‑6 players) Identify the killer, murder weapon and location of the crime before the assailant returns.
– The Dark Arts (2‑6 players) Make good your escape before the sand timer empties and you risk the return of the wizard.
|Locked In Games York, York YO1 7DN. Three games:
– Rags to Riches (2‑6 players) Yesterday you were penniless. Today you’ve inherited a fortune.
– Caught in the Act (2‑6 players)
– Boneyard Cemetery (2‑6 players)
|Unlocky Escape Rooms, York YO17 7LX. One game:
– Hideout (2‑6 players) World War Two’s best kept secret.
The following venues are announced but not yet available:
- Leeds: Escape Rooms White Rose
- Barnsley, Lock Down Zone (April 2015 to November 2015)
- Barnsley, Cryptology Rooms Barnsley (February 2017 to May 2019)
- Bradford, Guess House (May 2015 to September 2015)
- Bradford, Time Trapped (August 2016 to December 2018)
- Doncaster, Escape Doncaster (August 2016 to June 2019)
- Leeds, House of Enigma (September 2015 to October 2015)
- Leeds, Look Key Escape (November 2016 to October 2017)
- Leeds, ParaPark (March 2017 to December 2018)
- Leeds, Code-X (July 2016 to September 2016)
- Leeds, The Guest House Escape Rooms (November 2017 to April 2019)
- Scunthorpe, Open the Door (December 2016 to July 2018)
- Sheffield, escExit (March 2015 to May 2015)
- Sheffield, S6 Rooms (November 2016 to February 2019)