Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- Not quite the reference you might have hoped but escape rooms saw their first mention in a national soap.
- South East England
- Didcot Escape Rooms have opened with their first game – an untitled room where you’re on holiday and one of your group has lost their passport.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- I missed The Lockup Escape Rooms opening last week – they’ve got a single room for now, called Meltdown, which purports to have real life science experiments as part of the game. Intriguing! They’re running an introductory offer with 25% off games using the code “ITSABOUTTIME25”
- Those of you familiar with the Scottish scene will be aware of Breakout Games. Well, they’re moving south of the border and opening a new venue in York. Mindlock York will have three rooms long term, including one that’s Valhalla themed.
- Northern Ireland
- Escape Rooms Belfast is the Belfast-based company that used to run Escape Hour in Edinburgh. The good news for fans is that they’ve brought The Time Machine across and have now opened it in the city.
- East of England
- It was only last week that I noticed Harwich Escape getting planning permission but they’re obviously moving fast with their website now launched and games aiming to open in the spring.
- St Neots Museum look set to add an escape room to their offerings. No word yet on the exact date though.
- Another week, another proposal – this time at Escape Peterborough. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I wonder how many will be taking place next week!
- Blog posts
- The Logic Escapes Me
- The Disco Messiah
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- Lock Us Up
- Escape the Review
- Really Fun
- Escape Review
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!