Welcome to your weekly fix of UK and Irish escape room news covering everything that this site has discovered in the last seven days!
Exit Games is always on the look-out for new rooms or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to the readers, so please do send an email if you spot anything of interest. That applies to owners too – feel free to send me your news for inclusion here. Don’t be shy!
On to the news
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Project Breakout in Brighouse made it on to the BBC’s Look North show with a detailed piece on their new game, Operation Clearsafe as well as getting coverage in local papers.
- Enigma Rooms Doncaster is running a popup game in Doncaster from 27th March to 5 April. The game, Dr Enigma’s Magical Emporium, is being sponsored by Visit Doncaster and takes place at the Wool Market.
- The Escapologist in Selby opened Mr McGoo’s Chocolate Emporium
- Junk Yard is a new venue that’s just opened in Stratford. If you’re wondering why they chose that name then it might help to know that they’ve upcycled a lot of the props in the room. If you’re feeling particularly brave then they offer an extreme version of their game where you don’t get any clues and, if you escape in under fifty minutes, you get a free session at their 3D print workshop.
- Clue HQ Kingston opened their fourth game – The Betrayal of Cluetankhamun
- North East England
- South East England
- Dr Who: Worlds Collide is opening at Escape Hunt Reading
- West Midlands
- Escape Room Adventures is a new venue that opens in Leamington Spa in a month. The games (and the photos in particular) look like they might be from overseas but I’ve got no news thus far. With Medieval, Space and Steampunk theme they’ve certain got plenty of variety.
- Blog posts
- Escaping Rooms
- Unlock & Roll
- Without a Padlock
- Escape Goats
- The Logic Escapes Me
- Review the Room
- Granny & the Anthropomorphic Panda Avengers…Escape!
- Escape the Review
- Brit of an Escape Habit
- The Uncontainables
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, significant discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!